Man dies after shooting off firework from top of his head

Sometimes I'm really embarrassed to participate in the same community as you idiots. So heartless and callus. Really, you should be ashamed to get so much joy out of making fun of this young man's tragic and accidental death. Like none of you have done anything stupid, sober or not, in your late teens early 20s? Give me f'n break.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

And it's "callous."

Sometimes I'm really embarrassed to participate in the same community as you idiots. So heartless and callus. Really, you should be ashamed to get so much joy out of making fun of this young man's tragic and accidental death. Like none of you have done anything stupid, sober or not, in your late teens early 20s? Give me f'n break.

Doing something stupid in one's late teens/early 20s is banging a fat chick and giving her your number; or running down the street with your underwear on your head. Setting off fireworks on your head isn't due to immaturity; it's due to pure stupidity.

CALAIS, Maine

A young man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head, fatally injuring himself, authorities said Sunday.

Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks Saturday night in the backyard of a friend's home in the small eastern Maine city of Calais, said Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety. Staples, 22, of Calais, placed a fireworks mortar tube on his head and set it off, he said.

The firework exploded, killing Staples instantly, McCausland said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/05/man-dies-after-shooting-off-firework-from-top-his-head-police-say/

idiot

After watching the video linked above and reading the original post article, I may rethink my stand against government intrusion in our everyday lives. How can so many people live in Stupidville?

Why would you want to keep them around? The obvious upside of the story is he didn't kill someone else. Glass is half full, really.