Tom's long lost brother located

Beerball

Ausf. G, judging by the commander's cupola and lack of a main gun bracket.

My bad, thought they said it was a 1943 Panther in the article. The pics definitely a G. It's also got the MG ring on the cupola, the raised fan on the engine deck, monocular range finder hole in the mantlet. Looks like the old shot trap mantlet?

Edited by Shamrock

My bad, thought they said it was a 1943 Panther in the article. The pics definitely a G. It's also got the MG ring on the cupola, the raised fan on the engine deck, monocular range finder hole in the mantlet. Looks like the old shot trap mantlet?

I think the article might have gotten the date wrong. At any rate, it is an early G (or late A - I wouldn't be surprised if there was some overlap between visible features. Monocular site was introduce on late-production As, for example.)

I actually have a page reproduced from one of the US training manuals showing the proper aiming point on the mantlet to kill a Panther. It's kind-of amusing, in a "You gotta be kidding me, this was actual doctrine?" way. Same one that recommends catching a Tiger on a paved road and ricocheting shells off the pavement into the belly armor. :wacko:

This is amazing. I want a tank.

http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/products/tanks-2#currency=USD

I recommend the BMP for everyday driving. Most people would go straight for the T-34 - a legitimate classic, but they're maintenance nightmares. You'd be swapping out the engine every year.

I think the article might have gotten the date wrong. At any rate, it is an early G (or late A - I wouldn't be surprised if there was some overlap between visible features. Monocular site was introduce on late-production As, for example.)

I actually have a page reproduced from one of the US training manuals showing the proper aiming point on the mantlet to kill a Panther. It's kind-of amusing, in a "You gotta be kidding me, this was actual doctrine?" way. Same one that recommends catching a Tiger on a paved road and ricocheting shells off the pavement into the belly armor. :wacko:

I recommend the BMP for everyday driving. Most people would go straight for the T-34 - a legitimate classic, but they're maintenance nightmares. You'd be swapping out the engine every year.

What works best with a gooseneck? I could see a turret being a disadvantage there. I guess I could trade crossing creeks and taking out bombers for the ability to drive thru at taco bell, but i cannot give up the ability to play my satellite radio, so i need something with a high output alternator.

Plus, all of those are overseas. As a 35th birthday present to myself I want a Wrangler or old willy's style jeep. I'd take that over a tank. But two good horses over both.

Talk about grasping at straws type desperation. lol