anyone got a website of players

ch19079

im just curious.

i know on other teams message boards, and such, they have individual salarys and cap numbers. just wondering if anyone had a website for the bills players.

i mainly want to know how cutting, (or keeping) bledsoe or trading henry will affect cap space.

im just curious.

i know on other teams message boards, and such, they have individual salarys and cap numbers. just wondering if anyone had a website for the bills players.

i mainly want to know how cutting, (or keeping) bledsoe or trading henry will affect cap space.

234892[/snapback]

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/20...ry_cap_page.php

so if im correct, if we cut/trade:

Bledsoe...2 mil

Prioleau...1.7 mil

T Henry... 1 mil

that 4.7 mil extra right???

+ 9 mil we are under now

= 13.7 mil under

and moulds is restructuring his deal....

thats gunna make alot of room for some big time FA.

Bledsoe...2 mil

Prioleau...1.7 mil

T Henry... 1 mil

+ 9 mil we are under now

= 13.7 mil under

234913[/snapback]

Actually, Prioleau would only save about 1.2 mil if he's cut before 6/1 so .....

= 13.2 mil under

Bledsoe...2 mil

Prioleau...1.7 mil

T Henry... 1 mil

+ 9 mil we are under now

= 13.7 mil under

234913[/snapback]

Yes, but

Take into account that the Bills have a replacement for Prioleau already on the roster (likely Wire of a newby for the NFL minimum). Will likely need a reserve RB who can play at a Pro Bowl level for 1 or 2 games (I like Shaud Williams as a 3rd down back but would not count on the lil'guy to produce like we require for multiple games if he is forced into service.

The big ticket is that yest the $4.3 million of deadsoace from cutting Bledsoe is less than $6.5 million we would pay him to stay under his current deal, but assuming he is gone and JP is the starter this leaves us with #2.2 million to pay a back-up for JP.

JP's back-up may well start if JP is not ready for primetime (certainly possible though we hope he is a stud) or JP get hurt (certainly possible as we saw this past season.

QB cap hits seem to run from a million or less for a Matthews, roughy $2 million for a Feeley and even $5 million for a Jeff Garcia. Are you comfortable with these players or someone (we would love to know their name) at their level as are back-up and potentially starting. Charlie Batch for a couple of million is the best idea I have heard so far, but using this calculus it makes sense to me that TD is offering Bledsoe a chance to replicate his 2001 accomplishment with Brady for the Bills for the $2.5 million at a minimum cap hit he would have by restructuring.

Likwise, cutting Lindell is an easy things to say, but Nugent or his replacement with have an extra %575K on his cap hit for the PK position and our budget may not allow for that.

The CBA is set-up in a way that salary and cap hit are two different things, and neither directly tranlates to a plauyers production or talent in a given year or over a career.

I just dont see drew getting cut. Cutting him saves 2 mil on the cap. It will cost us 2 mil for an adequate backup. I would rather have drew than charlie batch or almost anyone who has been tossed around these boards, and no im not a drew supporter. I think, if handled well by the coaching staff, we have a good situation at QB going into next year. JP can start and drew can come in when he gets in trouble. Tag-team it for a year and then move on with drew.

BTW, does anyone know what drews numbers look like for 06?

We should use this cap space to lock up nate and/or mcgee. Say what you want to about keeping lindell because of the cap, but with a competent kicker we would have been in the playoffs. Its worth the 600k in dead cap space IMO.

I see no way prileau is back.

Let JJ walk, resign Pat and make a move for (and sign) a big time OT and a Kicker.

Draft a RB LB OL and S for depth.

BTW, what happened to tim anderson?