McNabb on NFL Network

Fla Bills Fan

McNabb was on NFL Network this A.M. He said he was winded but not sick the last two min of S.B. He went on to say he called all the plays not Freddie Mitchell. When told his being sick was the reason the Eagles lost, he said if that is how they want to spin it whatever. He was not asked and did not offer why the Eagles fugged up the two min. drill.

Winded? Winded from what? Before their last TD drive that they are talking about, the Eagles only had the ball four times in the 2d half and three of those possession lasted 4 plays or less. The first half was more of the same; 5 of 7 drives were 5 plays or less.

He was in a flat out panic attack at the end of that game. Weird.

He was not asked and did not offer why the Eagles fugged up the two min. drill.

234850[/snapback]

So it was another interview filled with "softball lob" questions.

No reason to ask McNabb why they didn't run the hurry up when down by 10 points with 5 minutes to go. Looked like good strategy to me. <_<

I don't know, this is truly turning into a puzzling story.

Thousands and thousands of football viewers are completely dumbfounded by the lackadaisical approach the Eagles took on that drive. Time was wasted in huge chunks. Incredibly poor decisions were made. With the Super Bowl Championship on the line, the Eagles played the final few minutes like they had no interest in really winning the game. This was then compounded by the questionable onsides kick, and the questionable punt coverage afterward.

Then, we start to hear reasons. Not just from anyone, but from players in the huddle. Offensive linemen, wide receivers. Making actual claims about sickness, heaving, calling plays for the QB.

Still, no explanation as to why this all continued without any intervention. Why the QB wasn't benched for someone who could actually call plays. Why the no-huddle wasn't used when it clearly was called for. All I seem to hear is:

a) McNabb still threw a TD pass on that drive, with 1:48 to play.

b) Not using the no-huddle really isn't the reason they lost that game.

c) They were up against the defending champs, isn't that asking too much?

Now we are hearing from McNabb that he really wasn't sick. No heaving. No play calling from other people in the huddle.

WTF?

Maybe this is McNabb trying to save a little face, to avoid taking too much of the blame because he was sick at the time his team needed him the most. Maybe so, maybe not.

Regardless, it still leaves too many puzzling questions unanswered, and nobody in the organization seems to have any interest in clearing things up. It's more than just McNabb and his mysterious illness, other people are saying strange things and it just doesn't add up.

I am mystified.

Game was thrown....deal with it America.

234920[/snapback]

I would expect a statement like this from a patsie fan who bet on their team, but anyone with common sense would say, "Any given Sunday."

McNabb and/or Reid simply lost control of the game. Does anyone really believe McNabb threw the game? I am willing to bet that McNabb lost $3-5 million in additional endorsements by not coming back and winning that game.

How anyone can be caught completely off guard with McNabb's poor play in a big game after the last few NFC championships is beyond me.

Now if you were just being sarcastic, then ignore everything I just said. If you weren't, then stop betting on the patsies covering the spread in a Super Bowl when they're favored.