Favorite Non Alcoholic Beverage

Polar has a "Diet Dry Orange" soda that's maybe 10% orange juice. Tasty - not as good as Pellegrino, but a lot cheaper. Polar just came out with a diet Dry Pink Grapefruit that's 6% juice. Also very good. The best though was the real concord grape juice my mother made when I was a kid. She crushed and boiled the grapes, ran them through cheesecloth, then canned it. The juice was thick, sweet/tart and delicious.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coffee. anyone who says otherwise is a godless communist and needs purging from this board.

I love coffee, which I think might need its own spinoff thread. I am slightly obsessed and need to know everyone's favorite so I can try them all. Non-Starbucks (I'm not a fan)

I am surprised there are so many sparkling water guys on here. I discovered it as my alternative to coke about 2-3 years ago, and was pleasantly surprised.

Wife drinks it constantly so now I do too. But as far as favorites:

Before 11:00am -- coffee

After 11:00 -- Arnold Palmer

Cornell Dairy whole chocolate milk. Certainly not something you want to make a habit of drinking, but it is simply phenomenal.

And an ice cold glass bottle of Coke on a hot day is pretty tough to beat. I don't drink too much soda anymore so when I do, I usually try to find the glass bottles. Although much more expensive, the taste is noticeable better and with the amount of soda I drink it doesn't really matter how much it costs.

To the diet soda drinkers though...are you worried about all the chemicals in it them that make it "diet"? You're better off drinking regular soda in the long run, plus, they have been shown to increase other food cravings which will often eliminate any calorie savings. To each their own, but those artificial sweeteners scare me.

Edited by Mark80

Cornell Dairy whole chocolate milk. Certainly not something you want to make a habit of drinking, but it is simply phenomenal.

And an ice cold glass bottle of Coke on a hot day is pretty tough to beat. I don't drink too much soda anymore so when I do, I usually try to find the glass bottles. Although much more expensive, the taste is noticeable better and with the amount of soda I drink it doesn't really matter how much it costs.

1) I do a lot of endurance races,'tri's, marathons etc....chocolate milk is the preferred recovery drink now. Stuff is great.

2) don't think its the glass bottles on the Coke that make a differnce, but the use of cane sugar vs High Fructose Corn Syrup. I eat/drink nothing. Ow with HFCS

3) a Jarritos Mandarin with an authentic Linqua or Carnitas tacos is very, very, hard to beat.

For the coffee drinkers on here, do you guys drink it black?

I am no coffee expert, but I get a hazelnut coffee with cream and Splenda every morning. Can't drink it black. Then, in winter, go with tazo zen green tea the rest of the day.

i do. Once in awhile I will have a bulletproof coffee though.

Coffee? Sumatra, Starbucks preferred but any Sumatra will do in a pinch. Black, and has to be freshly ground. Got a good conical burr grinder a few years ago and love grinding beans fresh for every 4-cup pot.

I am no coffee expert, but I get a hazelnut coffee with cream and Splenda every morning. Can't drink it black. Then, in winter, go with tazo zen green tea the rest of the day.

No...just the powdered creamer and splenda for me.

On Saturdays and Sundays I splurge for Peete's ..Blue Mountain or Sumatran with the powdered creamer and the splenda

1) I do a lot of endurance races,'tri's, marathons etc....chocolate milk is the preferred recovery drink now. Stuff is great.

2) don't think its the glass bottles on the Coke that make a differnce, but the use of cane sugar vs High Fructose Corn Syrup. I eat/drink nothing. Ow with HFCS

3) a Jarritos Mandarin with an authentic Linqua or Carnitas tacos is very, very, hard to beat.

Yes. I was actually told this by a fitness trainer I was seeing way back in 2005/6. I thought she was full of crap. Turns out she was just ahead of the curve on this one. Only works for high intensity workouts though. Personally, I don't work out that hard anymore to where the benefits are outweighing the negatives on such a thing, but for you, yep, it's perfect.

I have to disagree with you on the bottle one. It's the same Coke product, but there is just something about the bottle that makes it taste better and more refreshing in my opinion. I'm not referring to the Mexican Coke bottles (as I believe those ones are cane sugar) just the normal US ones.

Edited by Mark80

Half and half only. It's one of the few indulgences I have left in life.