Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Morality police? He is boooooooozed up and barely able to speak and getting on camera. Manzielish for sure. I passed no judgements on his morals for illegally drinking. I am more worried about his ability to kick the habit. It ain't so easy.

Oh come on now. You've just described 95% of college kids every weekend. And it's nothing like the Manziel situation. Manziel is about self promotion, about celebrity, about putting yourself before the team. It's about flashing money signs and flying on private jets to Vegas. This is a 6 second Vine of a college kid drinking beer.

Edited by QCity

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on now. You've just described 95% of college kids every weekend. And it's nothing like the Manziel situation. Manziel is about self promotion, about celebrity, about putting yourself before the team. It's about flashing money signs and flying on private jets to Vegas. This is a 6 second Vine of a college kid drinking beer.

Just saying I'm not the morality police. It's his business if he wants to be a scofflaw. I don't pass moral judgement. I'm just saying the Sabres would be best off winning the lottery and getting the other guy and not risk this guy losing control. Just business.

Speaking of Patrick Kane, I had read about the vicious cross check that put him out for 6-10 weeks last night.

Now I just saw it. What a joke. He was barely touched, and the only legit argument is whether he just lost his footing or whether he was diving and hurt himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFvd8-QI1Vo

12 weeks. Broken clavicle.

This is the ridiculousness I was reading last night. I thought he must have got destroyed:

Kane was cross checked in the lower back by the Panthers' Alex Petrovic at 7:49 of the first period. The force of the hit knocked Kane to the ice and drove him into the boards.

"You get ticked off when the best player in the league gets hit like that," Blackhawks forward Kris Versteeg said. "I can't totally comment because I didn't fully see it. You never want to see that. People pay a lot of money to watch Patrick Kane play. It's never good when he's out of the lineup -- not only for us, but for the league. Hopefully, he's good. We'll see how it goes."

Just saying I'm not the morality police. It's his business if he wants to be a scofflaw. I don't pass moral judgement. I'm just saying the Sabres would be best off winning the lottery and getting the other guy and not risk this guy losing control. Just business.

Holy hyperbole

Here's an interesting development I heard on the radio today. If Matt Hackett doesn't play at least 7 more games for the Sabres (and play at least 30 minutes per game), he'll become an UFA on July 1st, as per terms of the collective bargaining agreement. So, that makes me believe MN is traded and Hackett plays just about every game down the stretch. This would be the best case scenario...

From the Rochester D&C:

Murray: Wednesday was busiest since Kane trade

Buffalo Sabres' General Manager Tim Murray was in attendance at Wednesday night's Rochester Americans game against the Syracuse Crunch.

Speaking with WGR and the Democrat and Chronicle in Rochester in between periods, Murray said he received "three or four" phone calls from teams regarding trades.

Edited by ricojes

This is a really interesting fan experience. I have looked away all year (didnt watch much, but checked score often) because its no fun "kinda" rooting for them to lose. But now that there is competition, and we are in the last quarter, I look forward to watching the games, and follow other teams very closely.

Then you see McDavid tearing it up, and the Eichel hoopla. Its exciting and stakes couldnt be bigger.

Personally, I think they should say hell to the "code". The Patriots live in the dark corners of the rule book and it doesnt bother them when they are acting like asses in Duck Boats. Murray should demand that we need to "see what we have" in Lindback to assess if he has a future here. Trade Neuverth ASAP. Call up the backup from Rochester and give him games to "see what he can do". Make tanky moves, but always use a "justification" that makes hockey sense you can always go to when accused.

This is a really interesting fan experience. I have looked away all year (didnt watch much, but checked score often) because its no fun "kinda" rooting for them to lose. But now that there is competition, and we are in the last quarter, I look forward to watching the games, and follow other teams very closely.

Then you see McDavid tearing it up, and the Eichel hoopla. Its exciting and stakes couldnt be bigger.

Personally, I think they should say hell to the "code". The Patriots live in the dark corners of the rule book and it doesnt bother them when they are acting like asses in Duck Boats. Murray should demand that we need to "see what we have" in Lindback to assess if he has a future here. Trade Neuverth ASAP. Call up the backup from Rochester and give him games to "see what he can do". Make tanky moves, but always use a "justification" that makes hockey sense you can always go to when accused.

As compared to what he's been doing now? Lol.

Listen to the first few minutes of the morning show on GR...they were saying Hackett needs 8 starts in the NHL in order for the Sabres to retain his rights...so in reality that is not tanking, that is being smart...see what he can do and retain his rights