Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Everything opposite in this race to the bottom CBF. We actually have the game in hand, which means in theory "lead" for the Sabres is only 3.

Its a mad, mad, mad, world in this race for McEichel

Black is white, up is down...dogs and cats, living together.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're giving up on average 38.5 shots per game since the trade and the number has trended upward the entire stretch. Forget about energy level, picking up points is not sustainable under that kind of barrage. And now add in the injuries on the blue line and Zemgus/Ennis and there's even worse hockey to be played.

No one is saying the Sabres are good or outplaying teams, we know this is not a good team. We are worried they are not the worst team in the league at this point and time. This whole "tank" will be for nothing if they do not finish dead last, it's a legitimate concern. Arizona is playing the worst hockey in the league and gaining ground in the race...

They do play Arizona twice in late March, that could decide it all.

Edited by ricojes

No one is saying the Sabres are good or outplaying teams, we know this is not a good team. We are worried they are not the worst team in the league at this point and time. This whole "tank" will be for not if they do not finish dead last, it's a legitimate concern. Arizona is playing the worst hockey in the league and gaining ground in the race...

Even if by some chance the miracle happens and they finish 2nd last, they still wind up with a 33% chance at McEichel. So to say that the whole thing is for not is a bit of an overstatement.

And regardless of how things are going today, this is the worst team in the NHL. No little rut for Arizona changes that. They've taken 10 points in all of 2015 so far. One stretch of 5 games doesn't erase that prolonged period of suck.

No one is saying the Sabres are good or outplaying teams, we know this is not a good team. We are worried they are not the worst team in the league at this point and time. This whole "tank" will be for not if they do not finish dead last, it's a legitimate concern. Arizona is playing the worst hockey in the league and gaining ground in the race...

Even if by some chance the miracle happens and they finish 2nd last, they still wind up with a 33% chance at McEichel. So to say that the whole thing is for not is a bit of an overstatement.

And regardless of how things are going today, this is the worst team in the NHL. No little rut for Arizona changes that. They've taken 10 points in all of 2015 so far. One stretch of 5 games doesn't erase that prolonged period of suck.

For naught, guys...for naught.

I would rather be guaranteed Jack Eichel at worst, but that's just me. plus it keeps a terrible season interesting.

For naught, guys...for naught.

I agree...Exactly my point!

Edited by ricojes

Even if by some chance the miracle happens and they finish 2nd last

It would hardly take a miracle at this point. Based on the last 10 games, ARI is on a pace to win 2 more games all season (6 more points) -- and Regier isn't done unloading before the deadline.

One stretch of 5 games doesn't erase that prolonged period of suck.

No, but a stretch of 10 games could. After Vancouver we have a 4 game road trip. If we come out of the next 5 games with >5 points, we are in big $%^&ing trouble.

It would hardly take a miracle at this point. Based on the last 10 games, ARI is on a pace to win 2 more games all season (6 more points) -- and Regier isn't done unloading before the deadline.

This Regier stuff really needs to go away. He's a glorified scout. He's not making trades. What is going on with the Coyotes has very little, if anything, to do with him.

no sir. More like the next Patrick Kane!

Speaking of Patrick Kane, I had read about the vicious cross check that put him out for 6-10 weeks last night.

Now I just saw it. What a joke. He was barely touched, and the only legit argument is whether he just lost his footing or whether he was diving and hurt himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFvd8-QI1Vo

There's a large contingent of morality police on TSW. Oh my God, he's underage and drinking beer!!

Morality police? He is boooooooozed up and barely able to speak and getting on camera. Manzielish for sure. I passed no judgements on his morals for illegally drinking. I am more worried about his ability to kick the habit. It ain't so easy.

No, but a stretch of 10 games could. After Vancouver we have a 4 game road trip. If we come out of the next 5 games with >5 points, we are in big $%^&ing trouble.

Nothing says Arizona won't go on a little run after they make changes. Most teams do.

I have complete confidence the Sabres are bad enough to end up last.

Speaking of Patrick Kane, I had read about the vicious cross check that put him out for 6-10 weeks last night.

Now I just saw it. What a joke. He was barely touched, and the only legit argument is whether he just lost his footing or whether he was diving and hurt himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFvd8-QI1Vo

Dear Kaner,

:lol:

Sincerely,

The Hockey Gods

I've taken part in that post beanpot celebration several times. Short of wining the full thing, that's the super bowl of partying for them. Let's just say that I've seen all sorts of ncaa violations each year in February. I'd probably question Eichel a bit if he wasn't taking part in this.