Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Jerry Sullivan is calling for a mercy-firing for Nolan. Also, he's whining a lot about the tank crowd.

They’re laughing at the Sabres around the NHL. I agree with Mike Harrington. It’s an open disgrace. There’s nothing smart or noble about becoming one of the worst teams in NHL history. Terry Pegula should be embarrassed. But the tanking advocates make it out to be some master plan, even a daily entertainment.

Really? I think most of the NHL execs would love to be in position to draft McEichel - they know that being in between a playoff spot and last is nowhere land.

Harrington, Sully and Bucky are such incredible losers. Harringon is actually worse than Tim Graham on twitter.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far from me to tell people how to spend their hard-earned money, but the idea that people cling to season tickets because they’re afraid to get shut out when the good times roll is pathetic. That’s what happens when you accept a lower standard of your sports teams, when you’re grateful simply to have them.

Really Jerry? It has nothing to do with the tank. It's about staying loyal to your team.

They’re laughing at the Sabres around the NHL. I agree with Mike Harrington. It’s an open disgrace. There’s nothing smart or noble about becoming one of the worst teams in NHL history. Terry Pegula should be embarrassed. But the tanking advocates make it out to be some master plan, even a daily entertainment.

Really? I think most of the NHL execs would love to be in position to draft McEichel - they know that being in between a playoff spot and last is nowhere land.

Harrington, Sully and Bucky are such incredible losers. Harringon is actually worse than Tim Graham on twitter.

Watch how few 2015 1st round draft picks get traded at the deadline this year. That'll show you just how much McDavid means. Bubble teams will hold on to that 2% chance of landing him instead of making that last second push.

They’re laughing at the Sabres around the NHL.

Who exactly are "they" anyway? The Sabres will draft McDavid or Eichel, either of those two will be the face of the franchise for many years to come. Winning in the near future will heal all wounds and "embarrassment" this season may have caused. Tanks for the memories...#tankgate

Edited by ricojes

Nolan *needs* to be gone, but not until after the season. I don't think GMTM believes he is the coach to turn this thing around once they get their guy (McEichel).

I agree, this will most likely be Nolan's last year. It wasn't a Murray hire, so it makes sense. Although it probably won't go over too well initially here. I was also thinking about the whole "laughing at the Sabres" crap that's recently making news. How many GM's would love to be where the Sabres are right now? I would say at least 10 teams fall into this category. The Sabres have no long term ridiculously high contracts, so salary cap friendly, a lot of young talent, and will get 1 of the 2 top prospects in this years draft. Add the fact that the owner has deep pockets and this is a way better scenario than a lot of teams are currently in. Teams with huge long term contracts for players that aren't performing, teams that are in the playoff hunt, but can't get in or when they do, they are one round and out, and teams that are up against the cap and will have to make difficult decisions in the next couple seasons as the cap probably won't go up as much as anticipated. I think this is a GM's dream to build a team essentially from scratch and this is a really good opportunity. Now, it's not a given the Sabres will be good any time soon, TM will still have to make the right moves, but this should be fun for him...

Edited by ricojes

How many GM's would love to be where the Sabres are right now?

And thats the key...started with Darcy and suffering...but the big thing is the vast majority of fans have bought into the "process" . Ticket sales still strong, fan base sick of chasing 8th, fans are excited for long term, no one is calling for either GM or coach to be fired....it is an ideal situation for a GM.

As Wesley would say" life is pain, anyone who would tell you otherwise is selling something" We are just having the pain now

It seems to me a hot goalie can ruin the analytics. This shouldn't even be close. Yet, it's a two point difference.

Case in point. Today, out shout 31-10, 3-2 loss. 10 shots? Are you freaking kidding me... Wow!

Anyway, we need to hang on to the hot goalies... When we get better guys in front, we will be that much closer!

Case in point. Today, out shout 31-10, 3-2 loss. 10 shots? Are you freaking kidding me... Wow!

Anyway, we need to hang on to the hot goalies... When we get better guys in front, we will be that much closer!

Holy crap - 10 shots?!? Isn't that a record. I thought when they had 12 earlier this year, that it tied or was one away from the record.

No no, we need something to build on. He just needs to be "rested" more often.

Like for the next 28 or so games!