Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching the game Friday against the Canucks and was watching Vancouver's broadcast. Gary Bettman was at the game, in the booth between periods, and they interviewed him. they asked him if he thought the Sabres were tanking. His answer was somewhere along the line of "I know Ted, Terry and Ted, and they have too much respect and integrity to do that." Not two minutes later, the announcer sitting right next to the commish says "We'll be back with more on the race for McDavid after this break."

I was watching the game Friday against the Canucks and was watching Vancouver's broadcast. Gary Bettman was at the game, in the booth between periods, and they interviewed him. they asked him if he thought the Sabres were tanking. His answer was somewhere along the line of "I know Ted, Terry and Ted, and they have too much respect and integrity to do that." Not two minutes later, the announcer sitting right next to the commish says "We'll be back with more on the race for McDavid after this break."

it is a race for McDavid, but a race that no one is intentionally...wink wink nudge nudge...trying to win...

I don't think the players, and certainly not Ted Nolan, are intentionally losing. But the team is clearly built to lose.

Hopefully the Sabres finally get a guy they can build a team around. Has been a while. I've never been a Vanek guy. Decent piece to have on a team but not centerpiece by any means.

I don't think the players, and certainly not Ted Nolan, are intentionally losing. But the team is clearly built to lose.

of course not. A player may tank in an effort to get cut or traded (Blount), but they don't tank for a draft pick that may very well replace them. Nolan pretty much said the talent isn't there on WGR this morning. he said young players are making costly mistakes that they probably wont make with more experience. lot's of growing pains. with all these young players.

Edited by ricojes

I don't follow hockey as closely as football. I basically watch all of the Sabres games, and that's it. Unlike football where I read about it all day, on and off season. But from what I understand, there are players down in Rochester and even Elmira, that if the FO wanted to actually win a few games, are actually better than some of the guys on in Buffalo now.

I don't follow hockey as closely as football. I basically watch all of the Sabres games, and that's it. Unlike football where I read about it all day, on and off season. But from what I understand, there are players down in Rochester and even Elmira, that if the FO wanted to actually win a few games, are actually better than some of the guys on in Buffalo now.

Not so sure bout that...some guys down that could possibly upgrade win total just a tad this year, but their upside is large and with the time in the AHL should grow more than if they were in the NHL.

Yes, that is the case. The Sabres have a lot of young talent that have not made their NHL debut as of yet, some good ones in college as well. But it's more than just not bringing them up because they might win games, i think it's more of not exposing them to a losing culture. That locker room has to be miserable after 14 straight losses, next year when they start taking steps to be competitive, we will see a lot of these guys.

http://www.sabresprospects.com/

Edited by ricojes

Let's hope for a really ugly game so Harrington can go on another rant and worry how the Sabres look in the home of hockey royalty.

i hope he has follow up articles in 3 years. Mr. Myopia.

I think 99% of people are like that Dante...i saw a little of both in the World Junior. Cracks me up when guys go on and on about the draft, but they are just going off scouting reports...very few have actually seen these kids play on a consistent basis.

That being said, what i take from all the "talk" Eichel a clear cut #1 guy in just about any other draft, he is that good.

McDavid though still is the clear cut #1 in this draft. Listen to Tim Murray..last interview he was talking about a prospect game in St Catherines i believe...his words

" i went to watch everyone else, I know what Conor can do...but you just cant take your eyes from him".

From earlier in the year he talked about going to Erie games, and how he is a rink rat from way back, and not much in hockey excites him anymore...and McDavid would still get him out of seat 5 times a game...and this after scouting him for 2 years.

I trust Murray...so I think McDavid is the clear cut #1.

I was wondering this - Would Eichel have been the top pick every year since Crosby?

Who would have been the pick between Crosby and McDavid?

LMAO! Ha ha! We beat the Habs, don't get the dubious record and still tank!

:lol:

Way to go BFLO! The Tank is totally on... Just can't wait to flip the switch and see what we got... Of course after McEichel!

Hah I was actually rooting for a win tonight (/ducks). That winless month was getting a bit too ugly, even for me.

Hah I was actually rooting for a win tonight (/ducks). That winless month was getting a bit too ugly, even for me.

Yep... I was rooting for them to flip the switch and beat The Habs!

Way to go Sabres... Well done! :lol:

Fans in Montreal gotta be on the ledge! Taking the electric razor to their wrists! :P

Now they can lose 14 more... :bag: Win one! :D

Enroth better not get hot again

That was all Enroth and I am glad they won, I didn't want the losing streak record. The 3rd period they were out shot 15-3. I watched most of the third and the Sabres were turning the puck over in their own zone time after time and Enroth stood strong. He bashed his stick on the ground in a WTF moment after one sequence in the third. Has to be tough being the goalie with this defense...

Edited by ricojes

That was all Enroth and I am glad they won, I didn't want the losing streak record. The 3rd period they were out shot 15-3. I watched most of the third and the Sabres were turning the puck over in their own zone time after time and Enroth stood strong. He bashed his stick on the ground in a WTF moment after one sequence in the third. Has to be tough being the goalie with this defense...

think i heard the Corsi was -36 in the 3rd

That would be ice. :nana: Bashed his stick on the ice. :nana:

Actually, is this very good for a goalie. He gets shelled and he gets better w/all the practice. When they get talent and attempt to flip the switch, won't he be that much better? Well, I hope so. Just as long as they don't wear him out! :wallbash:

Electric razor ? Lol

Glad somebody picked up on it! :D