Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its funny going back earlier in this thread and me giving up on the tank during the win streak....i guess i wasnt in the right state of mind! tank on!

Seems like that was years ago...I guess not earning a point in January will do that. They won with goaltending during that stretch, which is the only way they can win games. Which is also why Murray wants to trade one of the goalies. They have the lowest goal total and highest goals against total, give up the most shots against per game while taking the least amount, lowest pp percentage, and a whopping -85 goal differencial! That is just amazing and sad, but necessary. The season of the tank is going according to plan to this point, 32 games left...

Seems like that was years ago...I guess not earning a point in January will do that. They won with goaltending during that stretch, which is the only way they can win games. Which is also why Murray wants to trade one of the goalies. They have the lowest goal total and highest goals against total, give up the most shots against per game while taking the least amount, lowest pp percentage, and a whopping -85 goal differencial! That is just amazing and sad, but necessary. The season of the tank is going according to plan to this point, 32 games left...

What are the odds of getting the #1 pick by finishing thirtieth? There is still a better than 50/50 chance the Sabres get the Jewish kid as the consolation prize right?

I know they have two other first rounders. Islanders and Blues or Wild? No lottery balls there right?

What are the odds of getting the #1 pick by finishing thirtieth? There is still a better than 50/50 chance the Sabres get the Jewish kid as the consolation prize right?

I know they have two other first rounders. Islanders and Blues or Wild? No lottery balls there right?

Isles and Blues I believe. Both picks will be near the end of the 1st round.

Two more points for Edmonton! Thanks for help, Derek Roy!

Late 3rd period goal to tie at SJ, and then a 13-round shootout!

We've got a 6-pt. lead now...hoping for a typically shoddy performance in Montreal tonight!

Late 3rd period goal to tie at SJ, and then a 13-round shootout!

We've got a 6-pt. lead now...hoping for a typically shoddy performance in Montreal tonight!

Let's hope for a really ugly game so Harrington can go on another rant and worry how the Sabres look in the home of hockey royalty.

Two more points for Edmonton! Thanks for help, Derek Roy!

My Sharks always happy to play down to the competition. Glad we could help out. How can any team beat the Kings, Ducks then the Blackhawks in the previous 3 games then play pond hockey vs the Oilers at home and lose? Perplexing.

My Sharks always happy to play down to the competition. Glad we could help out. How can any team beat the Kings, Ducks then the Blackhawks in the previous 3 games then play pond hockey vs the Oilers at home and lose? Perplexing.

So glad the Sabres do not play them any more this season, it's usually an automatic W...

Edmonton is actually pretty good no? At least should be based on talent of skaters....now the goaltending, thats a whole other story for what i have heard?

Edmonton is actually pretty good no? At least should be based on talent of skaters....now the goaltending, thats a whole other story for what i have heard?

They have some good talent just not a good team.

Blue Jackets media all excited for a late tank to get Eichel. So annoying. Their "tank"'was unintentional and now they think they can bypass Sabres. 14 pts ahead, guys.

Would you rather McDavid or Eichel? I can't say Ive watched a lot of them but from what I have seen you couldn't really go wrong with either.

Would you rather McDavid or Eichel? I can't say Ive watched a lot of them but from what I have seen you couldn't really go wrong with either.

I think 99% of people are like that Dante...i saw a little of both in the World Junior. Cracks me up when guys go on and on about the draft, but they are just going off scouting reports...very few have actually seen these kids play on a consistent basis.

That being said, what i take from all the "talk" Eichel a clear cut #1 guy in just about any other draft, he is that good.

McDavid though still is the clear cut #1 in this draft. Listen to Tim Murray..last interview he was talking about a prospect game in St Catherines i believe...his words

" i went to watch everyone else, I know what Conor can do...but you just cant take your eyes from him".

From earlier in the year he talked about going to Erie games, and how he is a rink rat from way back, and not much in hockey excites him anymore...and McDavid would still get him out of seat 5 times a game...and this after scouting him for 2 years.

I trust Murray...so I think McDavid is the clear cut #1.

I think 99% of people are like that Dante...i saw a little of both in the World Junior. Cracks me up when guys go on and on about the draft, but they are just going off scouting reports...very few have actually seen these kids play on a consistent basis.

That being said, what i take from all the "talk" Eichel a clear cut #1 guy in just about any other draft, he is that good.

McDavid though still is the clear cut #1 in this draft. Listen to Tim Murray..last interview he was talking about a prospect game in St Catherines i believe...his words

" i went to watch everyone else, I know what Conor can do...but you just cant take your eyes from him".

From earlier in the year he talked about going to Erie games, and how he is a rink rat from way back, and not much in hockey excites him anymore...and McDavid would still get him out of seat 5 times a game...and this after scouting him for 2 years.

I trust Murray...so I think McDavid is the clear cut #1.

Both look composed beyond their years from what I watched. To bad Eichel didn't go farther in the tourney to see more of him. Coincidently I was listening to NHL War Room on Serius this morning and they were talking about the Sabres race to the bottom kind of thing. I guess as it stands now, the Sabres are only a 20% likely to get the first pick. I have no idea how the draft lottery works but this is just what they said. So they figure Eichel for Buffalo.

Both look composed beyond their years from what I watched. To bad Eichel didn't go farther in the tourney to see more of him. Coincidently I was listening to NHL War Room on Serius this morning and they were talking about the Sabres race to the bottom kind of thing. I guess as it stands now, the Sabres are only a 20% likely to get the first pick. I have no idea how the draft lottery works but this is just what they said. So they figure Eichel for Buffalo.

Basically it's a shoot for the moon, even if you miss you're among the stars situation. (That was a motivational poster in my 3rd grade classroom.) We're tanking to get McDavid. If he doesn't land, the worst that we're "stuck with" is Eichel.

That is correct..last place team has "best " chance to land from the other teams, at 20%, but the field is at 80%. However last place team can only drop to 2nd. So Eichel it will be.

Next year, it is a lottery for top 3 positions, so last place team could drop to 4th.They were thinking of that rule change effective for this year, but Tpegs and Murray got them to hold off till next year.

BTW Dante, know yu are a Sharks fan..but Murray's interviews on WGR are just great if they are still in the On Demand section...better than anything on the NHL on Serius. Not sure what show is what...the only guy i really like on that station is Boomer Gordon when he is with Thistle.