Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what Jeremy White tweeted this morning...this is really the tank for Eichel, because even if the Sabres finish last there's only a 20% chance of landing McDavid. Relish in the 80% likelihood of landing Eichel and enjoy the ride...

That's pretty much what we've been saying since the start of this thread, it's imperative that the sabres finish last to ensure we get one of the two. Plus finishing last still give the Sabres the best chance at McDavid...

Man that sucks

So its not like last place team gets 5 balls, 4th place team gets 4 and so on?

CBF

Try this link -- shows the percentage chance of winning for the 14 teams in the lottery, updated by current standings daily.

Arizona even won tonight - they were starting to scare me a bit.

This thing is a two horse race. Look at this Sabres team. They're not closing a 9 point gap on anyone. I guess I'd still slightly consider Arizona, but if they get to 10 points ahead of it, I'll throw in the towel for them.

And just think if Enroth had not had that epic run....stats show we should prolly be up(down) about 12-16 in this race ....the Sabres are really, really bad.

I fear too many people think the tank is this year, get McEichel, and then we are right back up to top of the standings, like getting that stud QB in the nFL.

I think next year we can get back to competing for one of the wildcards..if evrything goes perfectly.

16-17 is when i think we will start to see them being truly competitive again

Edited by plenzmd1

And just think if Enroth had not had that epic run....stats show we should prolly be up(down) about 12-16 in this race ....the Sabres are really, really bad.

I fear too many people think the tank is this year, get McEichel, and then we are right back up to top of the standings, like getting that stud QB in the nFL.

I think next year we can get back to competing for one of the wildcards..if evrything goes perfectly.

I just want to get to a point where I don't feel I'm wasting my money on Center Ice.

This is the last year of "the tank" for sure, it's go time no matter who they draft. You can't expect much more next season either, but a little better isn't asking for much, at least in the playoff hunt in February. And I agree about about 16-17, I think the majority of Sabres fans believe it will take a couple more years to put a contender together.

Edited by ricojes

This is the last year of "the tank" for sure, it's go time no matter who they draft. You can't expect much more next season either, but a little better isn't asking for much, at least in the playoff hunt in February. And I agree about about 16-17, I think the majority of Sabres fans believe it will take a couple more years to put a contender together.

17 is the the NHL record for consecutive losses...and i am praying the 14-15 Buffalo Sabres are proud owners of that record come the end of the year!

Personally I was/am hoping the Sabres can be as bad as possible, but stay out of the record books. But if I had to choose records and last vs no records and not last, shatter those records of futility.

We really, really want McDavid. Eichel would be fine and all... but McDavid looks like he promises to be a Superstar that transcends past hockey. I have watched/followed Junior Hockey for about 25 years and I have never seen a player at that age with that kind of speed, acceleration, and control.

Edited by May Day 10

Man that sucks

So its not like last place team gets 5 balls, 4th place team gets 4 and so on?

CBF

It could be worse...

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

It could be worse...

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

Thank Tpegs and Murray for that going in for this year...

BTW, I love Tim Murray. I have no idea if he is a good GM or not...but damn is he as honest as the day is long on interviews. Does not just speak in cliches

Edited by plenzmd1

That's pretty much what we've been saying since the start of this thread, it's imperative that the sabres finish last to ensure we get one of the two. Plus finishing last still give the Sabres the best chance at McDavid...

Yeah, I thought everyone pretty much knew the odds at this point in the thread. Jack Eichel is still worth the tank. The nightmare has always been finishing 2nd last - which makes it likely we get bumped to 3rd (I know Hanifin is great too, but he's a defensemen)

This thing is a two horse race. Look at this Sabres team. They're not closing a 9 point gap on anyone. I guess I'd still slightly consider Arizona, but if they get to 10 points ahead of it, I'll throw in the towel for them.

More like a one horse race. I'm predicting Edmonton finishing ahead of Arizona.