Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

For those who are more knowledgable than I, is McDavid that much better than Eichel? Furthermore, is McDavid really a once in a generation talent ala Sid Crosby? What makes him so good?

I read an article (forgive me if I don't have a link) about the Canadian national team, and the author said that, by far, the best player on the ice for Canada was Sam Reinhart, not McDavid.

Not doubting "the messiah" McDavid, but what are your thoughts?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. He is better than Eichel. He is the complete package. Motor, compete, hands, head, and skating speed. His size is also coming along nicely.

As far as the WJC, you had McDavid who was 17, coming off an injury and months off... facing 19-20 year olds. The top ones in the world. Domi was drafted 2 years ago and dominated. Set him back 2 years ago and he isnt even on the roster. McDavid also picked it up later when he got his legs back under him. Reinhart was awesome, but he also is a year older (a year from 15-19 is major developmentally), and he wasnt coming off months injury.

The word on McDavid from fans to media to unnamed scouts and NHL executives is that he is a Crosby-like player and possibly even better. Worst case is he is a top 5 Center in the NHL.

Edited by May Day 10

We're where we need to be. Look at the Top 4 in scoring right now. All are either the first or second picks in the draft. The problem the Sabres have had for too long is not sucking enough when they suck. Either be the best or be the best at sucking.

They did have me nervous at 3-0 last night...i think 80% of fans in on the tank...and then there is Mike Harrington

Yes. He is better than Eichel. He is the complete package. Motor, compete, hands, head, and skating speed. His size is also coming along nicely.

As far as the WJC, you had McDavid who was 17, coming off an injury and months off... facing 19-20 year olds. The top ones in the world. Domi was drafted 2 years ago and dominated. Set him back 2 years ago and he isnt even on the roster. McDavid also picked it up later when he got his legs back under him. Reinhart was awesome, but he also is a year older (a year from 15-19 is major developmentally), and he wasnt coming off months injury.

The word on McDavid from fans to media to unnamed scouts and NHL executives is that he is a Crosby-like player and possibly even better. Worst case is he is a top 5 Center in the NHL.

Thanks. If top 5 center is WCS, then he sounds worth it.

For those who are more knowledgable than I, is McDavid that much better than Eichel? Furthermore, is McDavid really a once in a generation talent ala Sid Crosby? What makes him so good?

I read an article (forgive me if I don't have a link) about the Canadian national team, and the author said that, by far, the best player on the ice for Canada was Sam Reinhart, not McDavid.

Not doubting "the messiah" McDavid, but what are your thoughts?

I read an article (I think in the Toronto Sun?) that said before the World Juniors McDavid and Eichel were considered "1A" and "1B" in the draft, but now that the tournament is over it is clear that McDavid is "1" and Eichel is "2". The author of the piece said that Eichel doesn't have the explosive acceleration of McDavid. I'll see if I can find it.

Still, if our top 3 centers were Reinhart, Eichel and Girgensons I would not be disappointed. :flirt:

I read an article (I think in the Toronto Sun?) that said before the World Juniors McDavid and Eichel were considered "1A" and "1B" in the draft, but now that the tournament is over it is clear that McDavid is "1" and Eichel is "2". The author of the piece said that Eichel doesn't have the explosive acceleration of McDavid. I'll see if I can find it.

Still, if our top 3 centers were Reinhart, Eichel and Girgensons I would not be disappointed. :flirt:

from what i understand eichel is being projected as a wing and would pair up with Reinhart....which a scoring winger is desperately needed for the sabres

Why does everybody keep talking about the Yotes?

They have Darcy on staff now, are committing to the tank, and have more tradeable assets than the Sabres. They just traded their best goalie for a 3rd....they are going to make an epic run to try and catch the Sabres

Is there a worse time for the all star break for the sabres?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'd hate to see the momentum of an epic 11-game losing streak halted by a week off.

Good news is when they come back they go right into an extended West Coast road trip. Circle next Thursday on the calendar. They play in Edmonton in a huge game for the McEichel sweepstakes.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'd hate to see the momentum of an epic 11-game losing streak halted by a week off.

Good news is when they come back they go right into an extended West Coast road trip. Circle next Thursday on the calendar. They play in Edmonton in a huge game for the McEichel sweepstakes.

Must lose game!

I'm not a huge hockey fan but I grew up following the Sabres and still somewhat know what is going on from listening to WGR. I also follow the CBJ but on a fringe level because they are local. CBJ started the year very poorly with a ton of injuries and though they recovered it looks like it will be nearly impossible to make the playoffs at this point. Then last night their starting goalie got hurt who is an all-star. So the radio guys start talking about tanking to get into the lottery for mcdavid or eichel. This was the 5 minutes per week they spend talking about hockey here. I was greatly offended as in my mind they are Johnny come lately to the tank while the Sabres have been working hard at it since October.