Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BNHarrington

Quick post: Eichel says Buffalo fans a factor in decision to turn pro vs. staying in school. #Sabres http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/06/08/eichel-buffalo-fans-a-factor-in-potential-decision-to-turn-pro-after-nhl-draft/

@NHL

The 2015 #NHLDraft top prospects will get a taste of the #StanleyCup Final tonight.

I'm sure this has been discussed as much as the legality of the Pegulas owning both the Bills and the Sabres, but it's missed me. What exactly happens if Eichel decides to stay in school? Does that choice come after the draft or do these guys declare like in football? If drafted and he goes back to school, would the Sabres retain his rights?

As a Buffalo/Mets fan I am conditioned to always consider the worst possible scenario.

Can't believe some of the comments below the article. Talk about taking a comment out of context! Canadians are very defensive about their hockey, both the game and the players.

View the comments section of any Internet article, regardless of subject, at your own peril.

They should be preceded by PSA warnings on the risk of losing IQ points if read too frequently...

I'm sure this has been discussed as much as the legality of the Pegulas owning both the Bills and the Sabres, but it's missed me. What exactly happens if Eichel decides to stay in school? Does that choice come after the draft or do these guys declare like in football? If drafted and he goes back to school, would the Sabres retain his rights?

As a Buffalo/Mets fan I am conditioned to always consider the worst possible scenario.

No one opts into the NHL draft. Once they hit the required age, they are eligible to be drafted. If you take a college player, you have their rights for essentially 4 years. They can go back to school but that changes nothing. The Sabres currently have several previously drafted players who are playing college hockey and still will next year.

Draft eligibility for NHL prospects is determined by age and teams hold the player's rights regardless of whether they immediately come to the NHL or not.

View the comments section of any Internet article, regardless of subject, at your own peril.

They should be preceded by PSA warnings on the risk of losing IQ points if read too frequently...

Sound advice to be sure.

I just couldn't take my eyes of the train wreck.

That's actually pretty good for an 18 year old hockey player.

Not really my son when he was16 benched 360 lbs and could do 23 pull-ups at 165 lbs. My oldest son at 18 could bench around the same and do 14 pullups. At 195 lbs.Both could bench 200 lbs 12 times. Wrestlers are a little tougher though.We had twins in South Park High back in the day ,that were trying out for the Olympics in gymnastics. The one did 77 pull-ups and the gym teacher had him quit.

Not really my son when he was16 benched 360 lbs and could do 23 pull-ups at 165 lbs. My oldest son at 18 could bench around the same and do 14 pullups. At 195 lbs.Both could bench 200 lbs 12 times. Wrestlers are a little tougher though.We had twins in South Park High back in the day ,that were trying out for the Olympics in gymnastics. The one did 77 pull-ups and the gym teacher had him quit.

He said "hockey player" - not wrestler. Sam Bennett (third pick last year) couldn't do a single pullup.

I remember those South Park twins. I think one had a heartbreaking story at the Olympic tryouts. Something like he was definitely in and then broke a bone or something on his last jump.

Not really my son when he was16 benched 360 lbs and could do 23 pull-ups at 165 lbs. My oldest son at 18 could bench around the same and do 14 pullups. At 195 lbs.Both could bench 200 lbs 12 times.

If a hockey player had the shoulders necessary to lift like that he'd be hard pressed to swing a stick, make a pass have the balance to change directions fluidly! :lol:

I'd me more interested in seeing what they could do with leg presses, as their lower body strength tends to be much more advanced than their upper body...

If a hockey player had the shoulders necessary to lift like that he'd be hard pressed to swing a stick, make a pass have the balance to change directions fluidly! :lol:

I'd me more interested in seeing what they could do with leg presses, as their lower body strength tends to be much more advanced than their upper body...

The French fight with their feet,,,run.

@NHLonNBCSports

We'll be seeing A LOT of these two in the near future! #StanleyCup

CHA4PGRWwAEWP9r.png

Top Draft Prospects, Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid, join Liam McHugh and Bob McKenzie to talk about the pressure of being labaled "saviors", being linked as rivals, and Eichel's pro decision.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I know Eichel is saying all the right things about waiting to make a decision, but does anyone believe he'll go back to school? He already knows and has worked with Bylsma, has been around Buffalo a bunch and talked about how crazy (in a good way) the fans are, he sees the type of organization they have with all of this young talent...

I just think it's a foregone conclusion.

I know Eichel is saying all the right things about waiting to make a decision, but does anyone believe he'll go back to school? He already knows and has worked with Bylsma, has been around Buffalo a bunch and talked about how crazy (in a good way) the fans are, he sees the type of organization they have with all of this young talent...

I just think it's a foregone conclusion.

I don't disagree, but it's also not like all of that won't still be there if he stays in school another year to win the title.

I don't disagree, but it's also not like all of that won't still be there if he stays in school another year to win the title.

I don't think an NCAA title means as much to Eichel as some might think it does.