Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Eichel took the first step on becoming an all-time Buffalo sports legend yesterday when he declared himself the best player in the draft. The kid will have a chip on his shoulder and the head-to-head match-ups with Mcdavid should be legendary.

He'll have to learn Sabres' history. He inquired about #11. B-)

@MatthewWGR

Ted Black said the Sabres have already talked to Eichel about what number he wants. So....

Interesting to see Murray mention they may draft a goalie at 21 or 31. Mackenzie Blackwood does seem to fit his preferred bigger goalie mold. Should be interesting.

Interesting to see Murray mention they may draft a goalie at 21 or 31. Mackenzie Blackwood does seem to fit his preferred bigger goalie mold. Should be interesting.

They would likely be looking at Samsonov with one of those picks if available.

eichel-mcdavid-and-hanifin.jpg

The 2015 NHL Draft will take place in Sunrise, Florida in three weeks, where Connor McDavid will be coronated as the first-overall selection.
From start to finish this season, the Erie Otters centre has been touted as the No. 1 prospect across the board - and that includes TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie's final TSN Draft ranking released today. McDavid topped the list in the pre-season, mid-season and final editions, followed closely by the other 'generational player' in this draft - Boston University centre Jack Eichel.

Jack’s grace allows him to make it look easy. His power allows him to impact. Exceptional vision, to the point of seeing the unseen and the ability to exploit those opportunities quickly with his great reach and puck skills. Outside of the 2005 and 2015 drafts, Eichel would be the first pick in every other draft.

They would likely be looking at Samsonov with one of those picks if available.

I would assume it would be between Blackwood (if he's available) and Samsonov who definitely should be available

6-5: JACK EICHEL WITH SCHOPP AND THE BULLDOG ON WGR (4:00)

@WGR550

Jack Eichel is live with Schopp and the Bulldog now on WGR! #NHLCombine

CGwrHjHW0AACH__.jpg

JE-It's been a pretty relaxed week. A few meetings with NHL teams, a little media, then out of town.

JE-Teams want to get a feel for you as a person and get a grasp on what you're thinking.

JE-You only go through this once, so I just try to take it for what it is and be positive about it.

JE-People are pretty welcoming here. Nothing's set in stone that I'm a part of the Sabres yet...Every time I come to Buffalo I enjoy it tho

JE-It's pretty crazy to think about how long this has been going on. And its kind of coming to an end here soon.

JE-I was just saying I think Im the best player available. Wasn't saying anything against McDavid, I was just trying to show I was confident

@BuffaloSabres

Here are Jack Eichel's full comments with the media at @HARBORCTR this afternoon: http://goo.gl/JBSZpv

#NHLCombine

Eichel, McDavid debate 'best player in the draft'

Eichel firmly believes he is the No. 1 player in this draft, and he has been telling teams at the NHL Scouting Combine, including the Buffalo Sabres, who hold that second pick, just that.

"I'm pretty confident in my own abilities," Eichel said Friday after word of his self-assessment leaked out. "I know everyone's making a big deal that I said a comment like that; I don't think it was meant at all about ... it wasn't me comparing myself to Connor or anything like that, it was more of me thinking that I'm the best player in the draft.

McDavid, expected to be taken No. 1 by the Edmonton Oilers, who won the NHL Draft Lottery, was asked if he felt he was the best player in this draft class.

"That's not up for me to decide," McDavid told the Sabres website. "I think a lot of people do a lot of talking and they'll judge for their own eyes. I believe in my abilities and that's the main thing. But if I feel I'm the best player in the draft, I'm not sure. Maybe you'll hear a different answer from Jack. But, we'll see."

So Eichel is still contemplating returning to BU?

Eichel has not said if he will return to Boston University for his sophomore season. Murray said, based on Eichel's interview, it does not seem like he would.

"If you believe you're the best guy in the draft, and you can't wait to prove it, the NHL is where you go to prove it," Murray said.

I didn't want that max effort during the tank!

amen!

we should bring him in for the occasional pre-game speech though, like right before the Stanley cup finals.

6-4: TIM MURRAY ON WGR (23:41)

@WGR550

Great interview with Murray. Must Listen!

@john_danovskis

@WGR550 @JeremyWGR

CGsM60IXAAAqxBS.jpg

Spartan Locke Guardian of the Galaxy!!!!!!!!!