Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want that max effort during the tank!

I think X's and O's might have one a few more games though and he really didn't get max effort until later in the season anyway, so it was all good...

Edited by ricojes

6-4: WGR - CRAIG BUTTON WOULD'VE TAKEN EICHEL 1ST EVERY YEAR SINCE CROSBY (21:12)

@WGR550

"Jack Eichel is going to maximize Sam Reinhart because Jack Eichel is that clear cut number 1 center." - @CraigJButton on with us right now

"I really believe Jack Eichel would be the first pick in any draft since Crosby." - @CraigJButton. I never get tired of hearing that - TC

I think X's and O's might have one a few more games though and he really didn't get max effort until later in the season anyway, so it was all good...

By a hair! Those last few weeks took a few years off of my life!

6-4: TIM MURRAY ON WGR (23:41)

@WGR550

Sabres GM Tim Murray joins Schopp and The Bulldog

CGsBfkyWcAAQiK1.jpg

TM (on combine)-"I think the facility is a big improvement over what we've done before in Toronto"

TM-We rate every interview...basically looking for red flags. A kid that's an average interview isn't going to effect his draft status.

TM (on prospect interviews)-I think you should talk more about your failings as a human being more than about the things you do well.

TM (On Eichel's interview)-He was ready, prepared, quick and impressive.

TM-I was never disappointed in the player we were going to get in lottery, more so on the numbers changing during our rebuild.

TM-He's had a tremendous year. I don't know why he wouldn't believe he is the best player in this draft. (Eichel)

TM-We don't plan on talking to Connor McDavid.

TM-I think he would, but I can't say for sure. (When asked if Bylsma would still be their coach if they weren't drafting Eichel)

TM-Everybody's too busy (for trade talks). I made a couple calls today, but I think guys are going to go home first and finalize their list.

TM-It wouldn't be surprising to see a lot of picks being moved in the first and second round.

TM (on goalie situation) It can go a lot of different ways. I've talked to 2 or 3 teams that are looking to move goalies.

TM-I'm not opposed to an older goalie. Maybe that tides us over until one of our young goalies is ready to step in. We also may draft a G.

TM-I can almost guarantee we'll take a goalie this year. If we can get the right guy at 21 or 31 that'll be a discussion.

TM-Video Game Hall of Fame? Halo. I've had every one.

Schopp: Do you play Halo online? Murray: NO. Strictly by myself, campaign. In the dark.

Great interview with Murray. Must Listen!

@john_danovskis

@WGR550 @JeremyWGR

CGsM60IXAAAqxBS.jpg

By Michael Traikos - National Post

460879996.jpg?w=620

BUFFALO — Jack Eichel wants wings.
It’s a few days before the fitness tests at the NHL Draft Combine and the projected No. 2 overall pick is hungry. He knows he should eat healthy. But he’s in Buffalo, a city that is about to become his new home, and so he feels a natural desire to eat what the locals eat.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

BUFFALO -- Buffalo Sabres president Ted Black has enjoyed the role the Sabres are playing as host of the 2015 NHL Scouting Combine this week.

It's the first time the Combine has been held outside Toronto. Events this week are taking place at First Niagara Center and HarborCenter.

Steve Mears is joined by NHL draft prospect Jack Eichel to discuss the Scouting Combine and what his thoughts are about the town of Buffalo.

@PR_NHL

.@cmcdavid97 & @Jack_Eichel11 stopped by for a chat with @NHLNetwork while attending the #NHLCombine in Buffalo.

CGrlJzQUQAAjzGB.jpg

Eichel is going to be a beast in a few years. He's a big boy now, just wait til he adds a few more pounds of muscle as he gets older. He's solid, can't wait to see him in Blue & Gold! Strength test today should be interesting.

By a hair! Those last few weeks took a few years off of my life!

Absolutely, unfortunately Arizona didn't care about the X's and O's and didn't give anywhere near max effort...

Edited by ricojes