Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

McDavid, Eichel start Combine interview process

By Mike G. Morreale - NHL.com Staff Writer

BUFFALO -- Erie Otters center Connor McDavid and Boston University center Jack Eichel got their first taste of what life might be like in the NHL during the first day of team interviews at the 2015 NHL Scouting Combine on Tuesday at First Niagara Center.

Eichel had three of his scheduled six interviews Tuesday, including one with the Buffalo Sabres, who hold the No. 2 pick.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bylsma on how much Eichel played into his decision to come to Buffalo: "It's tough not to say it was a big factor"

Bylsma on Eichel - Everyone can see his size, how he skates. Everyone can see he is going to be an amazing player
Bylsma on Evander Kane: big, strong, powerfully fast, net drive. excited to see him play
Bylsma on Sabres defense - Big heavy, talented and can move. Excited to have to these guys

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Great interview. I like Dan, he's articulate and doesn't seem to speak in the boring "Hockey Speak" that seems to afflict so many NHL coaches.

He's very thoughtful and in depth with his answers. Lots of good information on what we might see next season.

@WGR550

Sabre players have been impressed by Bylsma http://bit.ly/1KEfNdD

@BuffaloSabres

Buffalo Sabres retweeted Michigan Hockey

#Sabres prospect JT Compher (@Jcomph7) named Captain of @UMichHockey. Congrats!

@umichhockey

FEATURE: JT Compher Elected Captain of 2015-16 Michigan Hockey Team http://mgob.lu/1Ihk09F

#GoBlue

CGlkFR6XAAAaSRQ.jpg

@WGR550

Sabre players have been impressed by Bylsma http://bit.ly/1KEfNdD

@BuffaloSabres

Buffalo Sabres retweeted Michigan Hockey

#Sabres prospect JT Compher (@Jcomph7) named Captain of @UMichHockey. Congrats!

@umichhockey

FEATURE: JT Compher Elected Captain of 2015-16 Michigan Hockey Team http://mgob.lu/1Ihk09F

#GoBlue

CGlkFR6XAAAaSRQ.jpg

Ouch - Gionta added, “Teddy was great for motivational and stuff like that, but I think Dan is going to bring some good structure to our game which will be good for the young guys to develop and have that structure within the game which may help them progress a little quicker maybe.”

Ouch - Gionta added, “Teddy was great for motivational and stuff like that, but I think Dan is going to bring some good structure to our game which will be good for the young guys to develop and have that structure within the game which may help them progress a little quicker maybe.”

I don't think that's a knock at Ted. I think it was the opposite. Like, he was trying to compliment Dan without trying to seem like he was putting him down.

I don't think that's a knock at Ted. I think it was the opposite. Like, he was trying to compliment Dan without trying to seem like he was putting him down.

I don't know how you don't see that as a knock on Ted

@1270TheFan

Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma joins the Rich Gaenzler Show now! #Sabres

Bylsma: Watching from my couch, I tried to look at the game in a completely different light. Almost an out-of-body experience.
Bylsma: By the end of my playing career I had quite an accumulation of info. I thought I was prepared to coach, I've learned a lot since.
Bylsma: I was playing when I read Moneyball, thought it had to apply to hockey. Analytics have been part of my coaching staffs for a while.
Bylsma: the Aud has a special place for me in the history of the game. If I could put Aud seats in the film room, I would.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Which is why Teddy was a perfect coach for the tank. The book on TN has always been he's not an X's and O's guy, but he gets maximum effort from his players.