Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

I grew up in Rochester as a die hard bills fan, but never watched a second of hockey in my life.

It wasn't until I moved to pittsburgh 10 years ago as an adult that I went to my first hockey game, and then realized what I was missing. I started getting into hockey and so naturally started following the pens.

So, as odd as it is, I am a bills fan and a pens fan (though relatively new to hockey). I hate the inconsistency, but I can't do anything about it.

Makes sense. :thumbsup:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reebok named presenting sponsor and exclusive outfitter of 2015 NHL Scouting Combine

Authentic training attire provided to 120 top prospects for fitness tests

By NHL Public Relations

TORONTO
– The National Hockey League (NHL) today announced that Reebok, the Authentic Outfitter of the NHL®, will serve as the presenting sponsor and authentic outfitter of the 2015 NHL Scouting Combine™ taking place at the First Niagara Center and HARBORCENTER in Buffalo from May 31- June 6. In addition to outfitting all draft-eligible players in the weeklong NHL Scouting Combine, Reebok also will serve as the presenting sponsor of NHL Network™ and NHL.com's coverage of the event.

By Mike G. Morreale - NHL.com Staff Writer
"The Combine not only is moving to the new HarborCenter but it is also implementing a new format and testing as a result of a Combine review that was conducted with the 30 NHL clubs," Marr said. "The fitness testing will be moved into an arena offering an increased viewing area, better sight lines and live result monitors, allowing for the testing to be captured on video."
The new location of the Combine has allowed Central Scouting to introduce some new facets to the event.
"While many of the tests remain the same there are some new technologies being incorporated into the event, in particular at the jump station where the vertical jump and jump forces will be measured with a Kistler Force plate," Marr said. "The player interviews with NHL teams will be conducted in suites at First Niagara Center and some of the testing will be performed over the course of the week to allow for players to be at their best."

New Sabres Coach Dan Bylsma Reflects On His Time In Pittsburgh (11:45)

PITTSBURGH (KDKA 93-7 The Fan) - Former Penguins coach Dan Bylsma was recently hired by the Buffalo Sabres as their new head coach. Bylsma told Bob Pompeani Saturday that the high point during his time in Pittsburgh was winning the Stanley Cup in 2009, while the biggest disappointment was not winning a second Stanley Cup with the Penguins.

Friedman: Changes to compensation for coaches coming (2:03)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@FriedgeHNIC

30 Thoughts -- http://ow.ly/NFO3b

20. Dan Bylsma said he watched Buffalo “quite a bit” last season and talked to GM Tim Murray before the World Championships, then during the event. He said both agreed there is no use signing anyone “just to win one more hockey game next year. Let’s develop and get younger players on the roster.”

Bylsma confirmed a suspicion that the more he saw Jack Eichel in person, the more he wanted to coach him at the NHL level.

There's quite a bit of Sabres related content in the link.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The NHL Scouting Combine begins

By Paul Hamilton

3121431.jpg?1433145682

Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) -- The NHL Scouting Combine begins down at the arena today with all the teams in the NHL here.

For the first few days, the teams will interview prospects that will be drafted later this month. Each team will have its own suite down at the arena.

Later in the week testing will be done. The NHL has released a little summary on each test.

@WBFO

Interview with Ted Black - Buffalo sets firsts by hosting NHL Combine http://www.tinyurl.com/p4ej3hc

2015_nhl_combine_logo_0.jpg

As young hockey prospects gather in Buffalo this week hoping to impress National Hockey League teams, the city is achieving several firsts as it hosts the NHL's Scouting Combine inside the HarborCenter and First Niagara Center.

@BuffNewsVogl

Jack Eichel sits down with the Sabres, says it was a lot of fun: "I'm just trying to get a feel for the city." http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/06/02/jack-eichel-on-interview-with-sabres-it-was-a-lot-of-fun/

As Jack Eichel walked the sidewalk near the Sabres’ arena, a crowd of autograph seekers surrounded him. The team that will one day get his signature on a contract had just finished chatting with him, too.

Eichel, who is in Buffalo for the NHL Scouting Combine, interviewed with the Sabres on Tuesday afternoon. The group included General Manager Tim Murray, coach Dan Bylsma, President Ted Black and the scouting staff.