Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BuffaloSabres

NEWS: The #Sabres have signed forward @Ryan_OReilly90 to a 7-year contract extension.

CJAr0TxVEAAQcVE.jpg

CJAvJJqWwAE90Qn.jpg

O O O O'Reilly!

@FriedgeHNIC

O'Reilly AAV is $7.5M

ROR contract very interesting. Salary is $1M per year. Rest is signing bonus: 10, 8, 7.5, 5, 5, 5 and 5.

@BuffaloSabres

O'Reilly contract with #Sabres extended through 2022-23 season. Full details: http://goo.gl/YZqQeS

CJAwnx6WEAAUq6J.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Pegula is just playing sim city with life. Hopefully, this will go better than the Leino signing. :)

That's a pretty low threshold. :lol:

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres GM Tim Murray on @Ryan_OReilly90 extension: “We’re happy to have Ryan locked up to a long-term deal." [1/4]

Murray: "It’s not easy to find a player who, at his age, is already established in the league as someone who plays a complete game..." [2/4]

Murray: "and makes his teammates better. When we acquired him, we viewed him as someone who could immediately improve our roster..." [3/4]

Murray: "but was still young enough to make an impact for several years to come, and this contract reflects that belief.” [4/4]

Pegula is just playing sim city with life. Hopefully, this will go better than the Leino signing. :)

It has to be. Leino was never good. O'Reilly is already a highly respected grizzled vet in the league at 24.

I don't want to rush the summer away but man, I can't wait until football and hockey season.

It has to be. Leino was never good. O'Reilly is already a highly respected grizzled vet in the league at 24.

I don't want to rush the summer away but man, I can't wait until football and hockey season.

Leino had a decent season with Philly and looked really good in the playoffs, which I think is why Darcy was enamored with him. At that time, he was a product of Detroit scouting and they were the gold standard for finding European players. Obviously it didn't work out but you're absolutely right that it's not an accurate comparison with O'Reilly.

Not that it means a lot but O'Reilly would have easily led the Sabres in scoring in each of the last two seasons.

Leino had a decent season with Philly and looked really good in the playoffs, which I think is why Darcy was enamored with him. At that time, he was a product of Detroit scouting and they were the gold standard for finding European players. Obviously it didn't work out but you're absolutely right that it's not an accurate comparison with O'Reilly.

Not that it means a lot but O'Reilly would have easily led the Sabres in scoring in each of the last two seasons.

I've seen "concerns" over O'Reilly's point totals...mostly on Reddit where Avalanche fans were trying to make themselves feel better I think. They were basically saying that if he was only putting up 55-65 with Duchene, MacKinnon and Landeskog, what is he going to do in Buffalo? Like they think Evander Kane isn't a similar level talent or something, let alone Eichel in a few years. The guy is an analytics darling. It's going to be fun for the next 5 years or so

I've seen "concerns" over O'Reilly's point totals...mostly on Reddit where Avalanche fans were trying to make themselves feel better I think. They were basically saying that if he was only putting up 55-65 with Duchene, MacKinnon and Landeskog, what is he going to do in Buffalo? Like they think Evander Kane isn't a similar level talent or something, let alone Eichel in a few years. The guy is an analytics darling. It's going to be fun for the next 5 years or so

@MikeKellyNHL

Sabres giving O'Reilly $11M in 2016-17 isn't that bad. Remember when they gave Ehrhoff $10M in 2011-12? That was bad.

O'Reilly led NHL in takeaways last 2 years. In comparable amount of games, out scored Bergeron, Ladd, Backes. He's 24. He's worth $7.5 per.

@MikeKellyNHL

Sabres giving O'Reilly $11M in 2016-17 isn't that bad. Remember when they gave Ehrhoff $10M in 2011-12? That was bad.

O'Reilly led NHL in takeaways last 2 years. In comparable amount of games, out scored Bergeron, Ladd, Backes. He's 24. He's worth $7.5 per.

Saw this comment on Sabrespace and agree whole-heartedly; O'Reilly is Drury 2.0. Buffalo fans are going to be thrilled. Only 24!!!

Are the Sabres now a playoff team?

By Frank Seravalli - TSN

jack-eichel.jpg

Two weeks ago, Dan Bylsma and Tim Murray were chatting in a hallway in the bowels of the BB&T Center in Florida.

It was June 27, Day 2 of the NHL draft, better known as the day after the biggest day in recent Buffalo Sabres history.

Bylsma opined that the Sabres drastically improved a day earlier, trading for Ryan O’Reilly and drafting Jack Eichel - a star far from a consolation prize.

Murray would only say the Sabres got a little better.

Really good article in the BN on Eichel's background. But they buried the lead. El Pegual uses a flip phone.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/07/04/jack-eichels-work-ethic-and-homespun-personality-make-him-a-perfect-fit-for-buffalo/

It's hard to believe that's written by the same guy that only a few months ago called the pro-tank fans "losers." Boy, Bucky sure came around fast.

Good article though.

It's hard to believe that's written by the same guy that only a few months ago called the pro-tank fans "losers." Boy, Bucky sure came around fast.

Good article though.

Bucky changes position more than a weathervane.

Good article though.

Have you noticed that Harrington has, too?

I wonder if the News finally got smart and told them to change strategy.