Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooooooo....anyone else unimpressed by Eichels game today....

Not in the least. All in all, a solid, if unspectacular showing in his debut against pro players. Played his D zone responsibilities better than I expected as I thought he'd struggle more with the speed of the game. He was on the ice for a goal against, but he played his end perfectly when they scored.

Looked to get more comfortable as the game wore on and looked right in place with the speed of the rest of the team. And the two wristers he snapped off were NHL quality and one of them should have potted on the rebound.

I was glad his coach didn't seek to put more pressure on him than there already was by not letting him take faceoffs. But I wasn't happy with the coach's decision to have him play left wing, though. That really took away space and limited his skating which is one of his strengths. They were definitely trying to set him up for the "Ovechkin" one-timer from the circle on the PP which is an indication that the coaches like his slapper as much has his wrister.

@WGR550: JW: Eichel Watch http://t.co/jBSPmxYrwS

Seeing as I shared this link with the folks over on The Aud Club at Sabrespace (I gave you full attribution, btw), I thought I'd link something BRAWNDO shared over there.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11781309/2014-15-nhl-season-touted-prospect-jack-eichel-boston-university-lava-lamp

On the latest round of strength testing, he front-squatted 320 pounds, cleaned 335 pounds, had a close-grip bench press of 250 pounds, a pull-up max of 25 reps, and body fat percentage of 6.3 percent.

Bear in mind, this was an article from last October so these strength numbers were BEFORE that. I gotta think he's even stronger now and I maintain he will be our strongest forward when he reports to the team. I'd be amazed if anyone coming out is as "man" strong as he is at 18. 8phuckin'teen!!

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

Seeing as I shared this link with the folks over on The Aud Club at Sabrespace (I gave you full attribution, btw), I thought I'd link something BRAWNDO shared over there.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11781309/2014-15-nhl-season-touted-prospect-jack-eichel-boston-university-lava-lamp

Bear in mind, this was an article from last October so these strength numbers were BEFORE that. I gotta think he's even stronger now and I maintain he will be our strongest forward when he reports to the team. I'd be amazed if anyone coming out is as "man" strong as he is at 18. 8phuckin'teen!!

GO SABRES!!!

thank you. sabrespace frightens me a little.

thank you. sabrespace frightens me a little.

That's funny because TSW scares some folks over there as well. Not sure why that is, exactly. I suspect there are members that post on both but use different handles.

GO SABRES!!!

That's funny because TSW scares some folks over there as well. Not sure why that is, exactly. I suspect there are members that post on both but use different handles.

GO SABRES!!!

Aren't all the names in Russian over there?

GO SABRES!!!

And then there's lazy unoriginal people like you and me.

@WGR550: JW: Eichel Watch http://t.co/jBSPmxYrwS

A friend forwarded this article this morning. Wow; hard not to get excited about this kid.

And me...although I rarely post over there for fear of being drummed out of the room.

What am I chopped liver? ;-) I haven't posted there in a long time. Too busy here! ;-)

And me...although I rarely post over there for fear of being drummed out of the room.

LoL

There's more important work to be done here! ;-)

Buffalo Sabres flaunt wide array of talented up-and-comers in 2014-15

sean_malone_harvard_032815.jpg

If anything, the 2014-15 season indicated that the Buffalo Sabres are indeed on the right track. The past two seasons have been arguably the worst stretch of hockey the organization has ever seen, but still the future is bright. The majority of the team’s prospects took big steps forward, such as Justin Bailey, while others, such as Sam Reinhart, re-affirmed their status as one of the league’s top prospects.

Thanks for sharing. As a guy who doesn't follow minor league and college hockey, I enjoyed this summary of what's cooking in the Sabres' kitchen.

Speaking of college hockey, tt's a shame that Mark Adams from Providence won't be getting a contract. His dad would instantly make sabrespace more entertaining. He's the biggest troll there is at one of the larger college hockey message boards. And that says a lot for a board that is mostly populated by immature college students.