Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

EII, Buffalo owns the Blues and Islanders first round picks this year, however the one closest to 30th will belong to the Jets in the Kane trade.So Sabres have two 1st rounders, but only one(theirs) will be in the lottery.

In terms of scoring first, think i heard the Sabres have scored first in like 8 of last 10 games or something. They are not laying down, and that is the problem We may look back on the trading of "low-compete" guys like Meyers and Stafford and rue the day we traded them...friggen guys like Larrson and Varrone trying like all get out to show they can play at the NHL level...no way Stafford is heading to the net like Larrson on that tying goal last night.

Never thought i would say it...i miss Stafford!,

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EII, Buffalo owns the Blues and Islanders first round picks this year, however the one closest to 30th will belong to the Jets in the Kane trade.So Sabres have two 1st rounders, but only one(theirs) will be in the lottery.

In terms of scoring first, think i heard the Sabres have scored first in like 8 of last 10 games or something. They are not laying down, and that is the problem We may look back on the trading of "low-compete" guys like Meyers and Stafford and rue the day we traded them...friggen guys like Larrson and Varrone trying like all get out to show they can play at the NHL level...no way Stafford is heading to the net like Larrson on that tying goal last night.

Never thought i would say it...i miss Stafford!,

they're saying Myers is playing well now because of less pressure. he was the #1 D man, playing against the top lines and racking up the minutes in Buffalo and now he's just playing a less significant role and performing better. yada, yada, yada, Whatever...But I agree, as much as Kane is going to help next year, trading those 2 slugs made this team better.

Edited by ricojes

He already knew about the Islanders. He was asking about any other picks.

Yeah, I was wondering if w/all the wheeling and dealing they didn't pick up another first rounder from a team that dropped out of contention and has a lottery pick.

Wouldn't that be amazing if they finish last, lose the lottery (get second pick) yet won somebody's lottery because they had their pick. I guess the Isles would have been the only team they could have achieved that from.

One can dream BOTH McDavid and Eichel... LoL...

Yeah, I was wondering if w/all the wheeling and dealing they didn't pick up another first rounder from a team that dropped out of contention and has a lottery pick.

Wouldn't that be amazing if they finish last, lose the lottery (get second pick) yet won somebody's lottery because they had their pick. I guess the Isles would have been the only team they could have achieved that from.

One can dream BOTH McDavid and Eichel... LoL...

Or due to an unfortunate spelling error made by the team drafting second, the Sabres miraculously realize that Eichel is actually still on the board when the pick in the mid-20s.

Fug me Fug me fug me. Two fugging years down the chitter. Two fuggin years. I will not be able to sleep tonight, worse than any Bills loss last 14 years.

Murray has to go to Nolan and get Hackett his 7 games.

If Nolan has a hissy, fire him. Our goalies this year , and Nolan playing the management wants you to lose angle, and continuing to play the hot goalie...costing us for 15 fugging years. Ain't no way we finishing last.

And to think it was a Boston team to keep it from us, Christ how much worse can it get.

Nolan gone from most loved to most hated quicker than any one I can remember

Edited by plenzmd1

WTF is it with every !@#$ing goalie of ours getting !@#$in hot.....sell me this **** of tanking and let is slip by due to some dumbass blast from the past coach who is single handily giving a giant FU to the franchise and the city of buffalo....!@#$!

Congrats folks...our two years of suffering will result in Mitch marner.....well done....well done....way to lock it down in the last quarter mile....disgraceful....

Tim murray should be fired for not dumping Nolan and his bull **** antics when this team had a defined goal...

Edited by zevo

I agree with every word you just said.

Friggin Hackett was supposed to get the game.

I thought Hackett had to start 8 games this year or else he becomes a UFA after the season.

Time for Murray to intervene. Send all Amerks back down and bring up a new group. Sit Ennis for the remainder of the year, but give him whatever performance bonuses anyway. Same with Risto.

Phuck this crap. I want a linchpin talent for the next 15 years and this our chance to do it. I am not fooled by this unsustainable crap of being outshot 2-1, out puck possessed 3-1, and still getting wins because of flukes. Yay, we can win 20 games a year with fire in the belly and hustle, but TALENT is what gets you to the playoffs. And we don't have it, as our second consecutive year of historical suckitude plainly illustrates.

I thought Hackett had to start 8 games this year or else he becomes a UFA after the season.

He does. The Buffalo News has an article about him starting.....And, apparently, Nolan changes his !@#$ing mind.

People on twitter and Sabres Space who are anti-tank should be shot at this point. I wasn't all about the tank last year, but when there is the pot of gold sitting there, and we're 12 games away, you have to be really stupid to want to win these fluke games.

I'm borrowing a post I saw on SS:

Why do we tank for two years then suddenly win a bunch of meaningless games? You want a warm feeling? Pee in your pants.

He does. The Buffalo News has an article about him starting.....And, apparently, Nolan changes his !@#$ing mind.

People on twitter and Sabres Space who are anti-tank should be shot at this point. I wasn't all about the tank last year, but when there is the pot of gold sitting there, and we're 12 games away, you have to be really stupid to want to win these fluke games.

I'm borrowing a post I saw on SS:

Why do we tank for two years then suddenly win a bunch of meaningless games? You want a warm feeling? Pee in your pants.

if we don't get last place then all this losing has been for nothing. Anti-tankers are dumb at this point.

(glad to be back on the forums my dumbass kid messed up my computer and I haven't been able to get on in few days)

Fire Irbe! He talked Nolan into starting Lindback over Hackett...

Look at these numbers....just stupid numbers to put up with this D...

Enroth: BUF 3.27 GAA, .903 sv pct; DAL: 3.35-.873
Neuvirth: BUF 2.99 GAA, .918 sv pct; NYI 2.56-.889
Lindback: BUF 2.41 GAA, .934 sv pct; DAL 3.71-.875