Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No real surprises today. GMTM probably could have gotten a bit more for Stewart if he traded him earlier, but that's probably being over-critical for a player that could be back on the team next year.

Our goalie situation is....interesting. We're now in sub-.900 save % territory.

Edmonton seems to have conceded that they have no chance to hang with us.

No real surprises today. GMTM probably could have gotten a bit more for Stewart if he traded him earlier, but that's probably being over-critical for a player that could be back on the team next year.

That's a must read for anyone still fretting last place. Murray has put together one of the worst goalie tandems of recent times.

Why should he? There seems to hundreds of thousands of myopic idiots on twitter who are sucking up to Harrington, Bucky and Sully - like this is the end of western civilization.

It's hard to fathom there are this many stupid people out there.

I disagree...Murray wanted a 2nd, held out for a 2nd, and got a 2nd.

great job by Murray, somebody had to keep Nolan from ruining this. Can't he see the big picture where losing is actually winning?

It's not really surprising that Nolan isn't "on board" with the tank -- one of the worst kept secrets in the NHL is that Nolan will be out after this season. Not finishing last would be his parting shot.

Thankfully Murray has really taken it out of his hands. Those goalies! Oy vey.

That's a must read for anyone still fretting last place. Murray has put together one of the worst goalie tandems of recent times.

We were fretting with Nuevirth and Enroth, but I think everyone can agree that the trades at the deadline should get the job done. GMTM has done just about all he could to dump anyone messing with the master plan. He was also wise not to trade any defense which may have required them to call up Pysyk. The article just backs what we've been discussing here through the course of the season. Let's get this done boys, the prize for last is franchise changing!

With Johnson (.889) and Anders Lindback (.875), the Sabres have goalies whose save percentages rank 71st and 78th in the NHL.

Probably Lindback tonight, he was 2-8 with a 3.71 goals-against average and .875 save percentage this year in Rochester. Oh, and TB is the highest scoring team in the league...

Edited by ricojes

I don't understand the thought that Nolan suddenly wants to win to stick it to the Sabres angle. The guy has wanted to win to prove himself since he got the job back last year (hasn't done a good job of winning, not much fault of his).

Finding buttons to push throughout the year, he has certainly played the "tanking card" to the players a few times... Im sure. There isnt much Nolan can say or do to get these guys to win.

The only reasons for the recent "hot" streak are gone now. Neuverth, Stewart, Mitchell all trying to press and get out of here. Those guys were awesome. Flynn has been good too. Meszeros too but he is kind of a nonfactor. Girgensons is still out. Ennis is coming back which is disappointing.

Murray has done all he can at this point. Let's see if they finish 30th. Magic number is 36.

I wonder what the % if of Sabres fans who are on board with the tank, vs. those who are so against it.

The three assclowns - Harrington, Bucky and Sully were out on twitter yesterday - talking like this is how the Roman Empire fell. The same guys who mock the Sabres out when they make their "heroic run to 8th"

But, the thing that surprises me is how many myopic people agree with them. Seems to be a LOT on SabreSpace, too.

I don't get how anybody would possibly care about wins in March 2015 when you can possibly have a run of top notch teams for the next decade or more.

I wonder what the % if of Sabres fans who are on board with the tank, vs. those who are so against it.

The three assclowns - Harrington, Bucky and Sully were out on twitter yesterday - talking like this is how the Roman Empire fell. The same guys who mock the Sabres out when they make their "heroic run to 8th"

But, the thing that surprises me is how many myopic people agree with them. Seems to be a LOT on SabreSpace, too.

I don't get how anybody would possibly care about wins in March 2015 when you can possibly have a run of top notch teams for the next decade or more.

i saw Bucky's article "a new low for the Sabres.. Yadda yadda" and didn't even click. So stupid - are they just trying too hard to be obtuse? I can understand fans in a city like Cbus who know nothing about hockey (most of them) not "getting" the tank. But buffalo? Too many knowledgeable hockey fans to get sucked into Bucky and Sully IMO.

I was anti-tank coming into the year. I drank the kool aid that this team could scrap their way up to a playoff spot. Then I saw how bad it was. I went to tux and pucks when I went home for Christmas, and witnessed first hand how bad they were.

I was anti-tank coming into the year. I drank the kool aid that this team could scrap their way up to a playoff spot. Then I saw how bad it was. I went to tux and pucks when I went home for Christmas, and witnessed first hand how bad they were.

I was fully anti-tank at the beginning of the year and was cheering on their November December winning streak. But when they came crashing back down to earth in January, I've embraced the tank. There's zero sense in not trying to secure anything but last place at this point. Murray's fire sale was everyone who's a UFA and there's a good chance some will be back next year. Looking optimistically, this team could compete for a play off spot next year, and be very, very strong in '16.

Sabres' fans either know exactly what's going on or are the biggest idiots in the world. The team still draws more fans to the rink than some of the winning franchises in the playoff contention.

I was fully anti-tank at the beginning of the year and was cheering on their November December winning streak. But when they came crashing back down to earth in January, I've embraced the tank. There's zero sense in not trying to secure anything but last place at this point. Murray's fire sale was everyone who's a UFA and there's a good chance some will be back next year. Looking optimistically, this team could compete for a play off spot next year, and be very, very strong in '16.

Sabres' fans either know exactly what's going on or are the biggest idiots in the world. The team still draws more fans to the rink than some of the winning franchises in the playoff contention.

Exactly. Are we supposed to root for moral victories for them to make it to 28th place?

This -- except I was pro-tank from the start. I am dumbfounded by the fans and supposedly knowledgeable sportswriters who label the tank as some miscarriage of justice and ethics. Nobody is asking the players not to play hard, or the coaches not to coach and develop players. It's a simple management decision calculated to lead to the best opportunity to make the organization relevant again. They're not cheating, they're not throwing games, and they're not ruining the integrity of the league.

Nolan is a blockhead, however. His comments today that the Sabres' moves were "disheartening and discouraging" are the statements of a moron.

Nolan is a blockhead, however. His comments today that the Sabres' moves were "disheartening and discouraging" are the statements of a moron.

Not as discouraging and disheartening for him as his pink slip will be.

Not as discouraging and disheartening for him as his pink slip will be.

They can't get him out the door soon enough. Well, on second thought, Saturday, April 11, at 10:00 p.m. will do.