Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

this thread is turning into a buzzkill....do not listen to the likes of bucky, sully and the other hacks.....enjoy the ride folks and lets get this thread back on track! does anyone else notice EDM improving? Their offensive stars are starting to get hot....all the while Taylor Hall is on the sidelines.

I had to be in my car alot yesterday between 3-6, so I was listening to Schoop and the Bulldog. For once, I totally agreed with Schoop, who kept saying he's had fun all year with this, and it looks like for once his team is getting what they set out to do. And, that he totally agrees with the plan.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to be in my car alot yesterday between 3-6, so I was listening to Schoop and the Bulldog. For once, I totally agreed with Schoop, who kept saying he's had fun all year with this, and it looks like for once his team is getting what they set out to do. And, that he totally agrees with the plan.

im actually having an internal struggle...it is sort of unnatural....this is the first time in my life i have cheered for my team to lose at the very beginning...and it has been fun for me....people think it is sick....but its for the greater cause....i actually think i am a bigger fan than those who poo poo me....but im wondering if it will be as fun moving forward after this year...i think the switch will naturally flip back to screaming at the tv for every goal given up by the sabres next year....im just living in the moment

im actually having an internal struggle...it is sort of unnatural....this is the first time in my life i have cheered for my team to lose at the very beginning...and it has been fun for me....people think it is sick....but its for the greater cause....i actually think i am a bigger fan than those who poo poo me....but im wondering if it will be as fun moving forward after this year...i think the switch will naturally flip back to screaming at the tv for every goal given up by the sabres next year....im just living in the moment

I still scream after every goal given up. But after the win, I'm happy we lost. I wasn't rooting for a tank all season. I think it all started when I got drunk after the 2nd period at Tux and Pucks.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

I still scream after every goal given up. But after the win, I'm happy we lost. I wasn't rooting for a tank all season. I think it all started when I got drunk after the 2nd period at Tux and Pucks.

haha...ive been onboard since last season...i was at the philly game recently on my father in laws dime and i cheered (quietly of course) when philly scored late...it was sheer jubilation for me...i hope he invites me to future games..haha

Edited by zevo

If you think about it the right way this has been the best Sabres year in a long time. Rooting against them has been quite fun and you're left with a positive night 80% of the time. Throw in watching the suddenly hot Edmonton Oilers win and it's a party nearly every night.

All of the tank haters will come around quick once they see Jack Eichel tearing it up in the Blue and Gold next year.

haha...ive been onboard since last season...i was at the philly game recently on my father in laws dime and i cheered (quietly of course) when philly scored late...it was sheer jubilation for me...

Remember, we're not rooting against the Sabres, we're rooting for them. Just rooting for them to lose. I still root for them in fights. I went to the Maple Leaf Pub in Houston with some of my friends from the Bills Backers down here. We went for the Tank Bowl against Edmonton, and the few Oilers fans in there were perplexed by our high fiving them.

Remember, we're not rooting against the Sabres, we're rooting for them. Just rooting for them to lose. I still root for them in fights. I went to the Maple Leaf Pub in Houston with some of my friends from the Bills Backers down here. We went for the Tank Bowl against Edmonton, and the few Oilers fans in there were perplexed by our high fiving them.

absolutely....i rooted for them once this year and it was at the leafs game...so fun that we won that one to remove the smugness right the leaf fans faces

Next year either McDavid or Eichel will be added to the roster. Add Rhinehart and Evander Kane and Pysk to the mix and now you have a great young corps. The immediate future looks bright. You can see the pieces falling into place and the plan materializing for a long run of serious hockey. One player question that I find intriguing is whether Gregorinko will develop into a good NHL player or is he a marginal pro prospect?

We went for the Tank Bowl against Edmonton, and the few Oilers fans in there were perplexed by our high fiving them.

Buffalo was built to tank this season no doubt, but I don't think Edmonton is terrible on purpose, their FO just doesn't know what the heck they're doing...Kind of like the Darcy years in Buffalo...

Edited by ricojes

Buffalo was built to tank this season no doubt, but I don't think Edmonton is terrible on purpose, they just put together a lousy team...

I don't follow the Sabres as much as the Bills, but from what I understand, if we wanted to, we could have a halfway decent team, or atleast better team if we called some guys up from Rochester.

Next year either McDavid or Eichel will be added to the roster. Add Rhinehart and Evander Kane and Pysk to the mix and now you have a great young corps. The immediate future looks bright. You can see the pieces falling into place and the plan materializing for a long run of serious hockey. One player question that I find intriguing is whether Gregorinko will develop into a good NHL player or is he a marginal pro prospect?

Don't forget about Jake McCabe as well on defense.

At forward, Grigorenko is only one of 5 intriguing prospects for me; a list that also includes Fasching, Compher, Hurley, and--my favorite of all--Bailey.

Didn't the Sabers finish last last year? Why am I not hearing about their new 60 goal scorer?

Kid they got 2nd overall last year, Sam Reinhart, is tearing up juniors and was the leader and star player on Canada's World Junior gold medal team last month. He won't be a 60-goal scorer, but he'll be an annual 30 plus guy, with twice as many assists. He sees the ice with uncanny ability and has that rare talent of being able to anticipate where the puck is going before it gets there.

Kid they got 2nd overall last year, Sam Reinhart, is tearing up juniors and was the leader and star player on Canada's World Junior gold medal team last month. He won't be a 60-goal scorer, but he'll be an annual 30 plus guy, with twice as many assists. He sees the ice with uncanny ability and has that rare talent of being able to anticipate where the puck is going before it gets there.

So when can he go to the big club?

So when can he go to the big club?

He could have been up this year but they returned him to juniors. But to answer what I think you're really wondering here, last year's draft was much weaker than this year.

Think about it this way. This year's draft is Andrew luck going first overall. Last year's was like EJ being the top available QB. That example is a bit extreme, but Reinhart is nowhere near the level of prospect as McEichel or McDavid.

Edited by shrader