Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

That's not the point. The point was that all this could be for nothing, if Eichel did stay.

But, Alaska Darin cleared that up - unlike Bucky.

What is there to clear up? Rizo, an employee of the BU hockey program makes a quick comment which heavily implies that he knows Eichel is gone, and that is all that people focus on in the entire write up? Sure, Bucky is fear mongering, but really, is Rizo going to say anything other than what he did? He serves the interests of the BU athletic department. He knows Eichel is gone, but can't actually say it.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is there to clear up? Rizo, an employee of the BU hockey program makes a quick comment which heavily implies that he knows Eichel is gone, and that is all that people focus on in the entire write up? Sure, Bucky is fear mongering, but really, is Rizo going to say anything other than what he did? He serves the interests of the BU athletic department. He knows Eichel is gone, but can't actually say it.

What is there to clear up? The fact that it doesn't matter if Eichel goes back for another year. He would still have his rights until he graduates. I could care less about Eruzione. I had read a little while back "most likely Eichel will be coming out" which made me think holy crap - what if he doesn't...........But, as long as Alaska Darin is right, then it doesn't matter. I'm fine with getting him in two years.

Either Bucky doesn't know the rules (or Darin is wrong) or Bucky is being a total dick:

"I’m crossing my fingers that maybe he comes back from one more year but the kid is a special talent.”

Of course, Sabres fans in Buffalo recoil in horror at that thought. They’re banking on Eichel becoming the latest American sensation, joining the likes of Patrick Kane and Mike Modano in a line that traces back to that fortnight in Lake Placid.

That is said as if he goes back one year, we don't get him. Not that we have to wait a year for him to join the likes of Kane and Modano.

I'm not exactly recoiling in horror at that thought.

Darin said the NFL is different...........I never figured out how the Celtics picked Larry Bird and then he played one more year of college before going the NBA.

The NBA changed the rules after the Celtics picked Bird.

Wonder if Carolina would have got Luck the next year if they drafted him the year he decided to stay in school?

They weren't allowed to pick him because he didn't declare.

Is Eichel declared or will it matter?

Hockey rules are different... All he has to be "draft eligible."

AD wrote:

"Doesn't matter if he stays in college, he's draft eligible so the Sabres can draft him and retain the right to sign him until he graduates. It's not like the NFL, which is good in some ways and bad in others."

BFLO can draft him and wait...

I don't think it could happen... But would be sweet if Sabres can get BOTH Eichel and McDavid...

Looking good for last place and close to locking up 29th at worst...25 games to go...This will be the most exciting draft in years...GO Edmonton!

Also, I just have to say, I love watching Zach Bogosian. Tyler Myers looked tall on the ice, but Bogosian looks big! He is big, physical, has good hands, and is pretty quick. It's only a couple games, but I have been impressed.

Edited by ricojes

Hockey rules are different... All he has to be "draft eligible."

AD wrote:

"Doesn't matter if he stays in college, he's draft eligible so the Sabres can draft him and retain the right to sign him until he graduates. It's not like the NFL, which is good in some ways and bad in others."

BFLO can draft him and wait...

I don't think it could happen... But would be sweet if Sabres can get BOTH Eichel and McDavid...

That would mean that the Islanders would have to slide all the way to 2nd last,right?

What is there to clear up? The fact that it doesn't matter if Eichel goes back for another year. He would still have his rights until he graduates. I could care less about Eruzione. I had read a little while back "most likely Eichel will be coming out" which made me think holy crap - what if he doesn't...........But, as long as Alaska Darin is right, then it doesn't matter. I'm fine with getting him in two years.

Either Bucky doesn't know the rules (or Darin is wrong) or Bucky is being a total dick:

"I’m crossing my fingers that maybe he comes back from one more year but the kid is a special talent.”

Of course, Sabres fans in Buffalo recoil in horror at that thought. They’re banking on Eichel becoming the latest American sensation, joining the likes of Patrick Kane and Mike Modano in a line that traces back to that fortnight in Lake Placid.

That is said as if he goes back one year, we don't get him. Not that we have to wait a year for him to join the likes of Kane and Modano.

I'm not exactly recoiling in horror at that thought.

The American sensation sentence is just plain odd, it makes very little sense. Most Sabre fans are hoping for an immediate impact in year one from whoever they draft. The only thing to fear is having to wait one extra year for it. That's not happening though. I can assure you that there is not a single person in that BU athletic department or any of their season ticket holders who believe for even one second that Eichel will be there next year.

this thread is turning into a buzzkill....do not listen to the likes of bucky, sully and the other hacks.....enjoy the ride folks and lets get this thread back on track! does anyone else notice EDM improving? Their offensive stars are starting to get hot....all the while Taylor Hall is on the sidelines.

Yeah, Edmonton looks decent. Since the coaching change they havent been half bad. By next week they may bypass Arizona and/or Carolina.

Did some math and if the Sabres go 8-17-0. To tie it up, Edmonton would need to post up 4-19. Arizona 2-21-1, and Carolina 2-23-1. Toronto 1-23-0 (would need to pass w/ tiebreaker).

Every result that goes the Sabres' way from here on in goes a long way.

Yeah, Edmonton looks decent. Since the coaching change they havent been half bad. By next week they may bypass Arizona and/or Carolina.

Did some math and if the Sabres go 8-17-0. To tie it up, Edmonton would need to post up 4-19. Arizona 2-21-1, and Carolina 2-23-1. Toronto 1-23-0 (would need to pass w/ tiebreaker).

Every result that goes the Sabres' way from here on in goes a long way.

Fantastic crunch of the numbers....great post....the finish line is in sight folks......I need to hear some real scout insights on the exact comparisons between mcdavid and Eichel as far as nhl talent.I saw one mock rank mcdavid and eichel co #1....

Fantastic crunch of the numbers....great post....the finish line is in sight folks......I need to hear some real scout insights on the exact comparisons between mcdavid and Eichel as far as nhl talent.I saw one mock rank mcdavid and eichel co #1....

I take the different approach...I don't want to hear anything. Just knowing we can get one of them (if the tank is successful) is enough. Let GMTM make that decision if and when we actually win the lottery.

He has pretty much said on record that if the Sabres are 1st, McDavid will be a Sabre.

McDavid is pretty much a lock at #1. He has emerged in front of Eichel a bit... But Eichel is still regarded a pretty good step up from the rest of the (very good #3-#7 range) and typically would be 1st overall without McDavid.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=183442

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=191959

Basically, with Eichel we are dealing with a Tavares/Stamkos type top tier player. McDavid has the markers to become in the conversation with Orr/Howe/Gretzky

this thread is turning into a buzzkill....do not listen to the likes of bucky, sully and the other hacks.....enjoy the ride folks and lets get this thread back on track! does anyone else notice EDM improving? Their offensive stars are starting to get hot....all the while Taylor Hall is on the sidelines.

http://thehockeywriters.com/are-the-edmonton-oilers-good/

He has pretty much said on record that if the Sabres are 1st, McDavid will be a Sabre.

McDavid is pretty much a lock at #1. He has emerged in front of Eichel a bit... But Eichel is still regarded a pretty good step up from the rest of the (very good #3-#7 range) and typically would be 1st overall without McDavid.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=183442

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=191959

Basically, with Eichel we are dealing with a Tavares/Stamkos type top tier player. McDavid has the markers to become in the conversation with Orr/Howe/Gretzky

Fwiw, looking in the Trivia section of your links, Eichel went 25 slots higher than McDavid in the KHL draft. :)

Here's a nice little piece on Eichel showing a few of his laser-shot goals.

http://m.wcvb.com/sports/babyfaced-bu-freshman-jack-eichel-could-be-nhls-top-pick-in-draft/31345874

Edited by ChevyVanMiller