What To Do With My Plums

boyst

I have a lot of plums. All off of one tree because the other tree is stupid. So, I don't have enough to make it worth selling and because the heat some are spoiling fast. So, how about some ideas?

I could use some recipes but also some fun ideas. I have already put m80's in some and threw them up in the air. Points for originality.

Get some glass gallon jugs, stuff then full of diced plums, add water with some sugar melted in, but don't cap it. Get a carboy or just cover in cloth and a rubber, and put it somewhere dark and cool for a few months. That's my mom's recipe for bathtub brandy.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Get some glass gallon jugs, stuff then full of diced plums, add water with some sugar melted in, but don't cap it. Get a carboy or just cover in cloth and a rubber, and put it somewhere dark and cool for a few months. That's my mom's recipe for bathtub brandy.

you don't generally ad water to brandy

This might be a better recipe.

Holy crap, why didn't i think of that to begin with.

I will do this tomorrow, after i run to get some cultivated yeast to help ferment this.

edit, and i can distill it, too.

Edited by jboyst62

I will do this tomorrow, after i run to get some cultivated yeast to help ferment this.

After you get plum s**t-faced, take the leftover plums, smear them on your face, find out where your favorite supermodel or starlet is working, and give her this:

plum_crazy.jpg

Then post pics of her back in this thread.

It's a win/win.

Is there any problem alcohol can't fix?

We have a fruiting Stanley plum at the lake, and have a Santa Rosa and Shiro "on the way". My wife makes the BEST plum cake. It's like a strudel.

Man, we're tap dancing for a week after harvest season.

Ship me a case. Got any pears ?

Pears are not coming in yet.

If you can figure out the logistics of shipping ripe pears and cover the cost, I will.

Get dehydrator and make prunes out of them.

My uncle had a farm and fed prunes to cows.

Solar-Dehydrator%20jpg.jpg?la=en

I need to get off my butt and make one of these.

Instructions

Hummm....healthy moonshine too.

This might be a better recipe.

I make limocello from the meyer lemons from my tree. I've had so man this year I've made over a gallon and tons of lemons left. All while using them for everything else under the sun. My wife makes a killer lemon curd. Took some to a friends and they asked how to use it. I said "with a spoon!"

Pears are not coming in yet.

If you can figure out the logistics of shipping ripe pears and cover the cost, I will.

I need to get off my butt and make one of these.

Instructions

Looks good but sounds like you may need more than one since angle can not be changed.

If it was a kit I could build one but this is beyond my ability for I never took wood shop.

To ship ripe pears you need "sleeves" for the fruit; when we buy asian pears (grown in US) the Korean supermarket we purchase from has each pear in its own styrofoam sleeve which looks like very thick spider web.

Edited by Koolaid