Best pizza in the States...Poojer?

Beerball

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's frickin' pizza. There are great places everywhere.

Agreed. Bocce, La Nova, and Good Guys are all within 10 miles from my house. All are fantastic.

I also make a damn good pizza if I do say so myself.

He is right in the article though, the dough makes the pie.

Edited by Wooderson

Rochester and LA disagree with you. Awful pizza.

Boston too. Absolutely disgusting.

Though when you're hammered and a slice as big as your torso is $2, Boston pizza doesn't seem so bad.

It's frickin' pizza. There are great places everywhere.

You don't make it to Texas often?

I will admit, things have gotten a little better in the Texas pizza arena, but it would take little effort to improve what was available before...

Not according to the article.

I'm sure it's marvelous. Overpriced but marvelous. My point is that great pizza is a threshold that is achieved by a number of places.

Agreed. Bocce, La Nova, and Good Guys are all within 10 miles from my house. All are fantastic.

I also make a damn good pizza if I do say so myself.

He is right in the article though, the dough makes the pie.

Absolutely.

Rochester and LA disagree with you. Awful pizza.

Maybe you just haven't found THAT place? Hard to imagine no one in L.A. knows how to make great 'za.

Boston too. Absolutely disgusting.

Though when you're hammered and a slice as big as your torso is $2, Boston pizza doesn't seem so bad.

Do you mean pizza in Boston, Mass, or the Canadian chain Boston Pizza? That Canadian stuff is awful, but I can name half a dozen terrific Boston pizzerias.

You don't make it to Texas often?

I will admit, things have gotten a little better in the Texas pizza arena, but it would take little effort to improve what was available before...

I'm sure finding edible pizza in 98% of Texas is impossible. But major cities like Dallas, Houston and Austin? Like I said about L.A., someone must know how to make a decent pizza in those places. If not, I know where I'm moving to.

I think foodee types get hung up on finding the best whatever, as if one dish can be better than any other dish on Earth. In reality, great food is a threshold. If something pushes all your buttons (taste, texture, aroma) then it's great all on it's own.

Edited by PromoTheRobot