Bills release DE Bryan Johnson

Terrance Pennington started 16 games or some such at RT as a rookie and was never heard from again

I think he started maybe only half his rookie season... but awesome memory! I would have never thought of that name/player again if you hadn't brought him up.

Yes but it would give us flexability to move someone else to RT

CBF

if Henderson didnt work out, the only guys I see available to play OT are glenn, Kouandjio, hunter. I don't think any of our guards, if replaced by Mathis, can also play tackle. But I could be wrong.

if Henderson didnt work out, the only guys I see available to play OT are glenn, Kouandjio, hunter. I don't think any of our guards, if replaced by Mathis, can also play tackle. But I could be wrong.

It will all work out my good Yolo just you wait and see

CBF

It looks like Wayne Hunter last played in 2012 and not very good. Would be ok till cut down. Must be slim pickens for OTs

i have been watching the 2010 Jets season of Hard Knocks the week, it is on NFLN. One thing Rex said early in TC on the show was that he wanted to fill out the 90 with vets who would both compete and mentor the young guys. That's how he knew he had the right guys on the team. That year, he was referring to Tony Richardson and John Conner. Conner was going to win the job, but Richardson was making him better by being willing to mentor him and compete at FB.

There are probably attributes about Wayne Hunter that he believes will be beneficial for our young tackles. And because he came in for his workout in great shape, he feels can not only mentor but compete. There aren't "good" OTs laying around at the end of June, and Hunter adds something we did not have previously - a vet presence amongst the OTs.

Edited by YoloinOhio