Bills release DE Bryan Johnson

yep, i assume that's his roster spot

i wonder if that means the henderson bubble talk is real, or the kujo improvement is less than advertised.... seems like a pointed signing, and not just a flyer (with that being solely my opinion).

i wonder if that means the henderson bubble talk is real, or the kujo improvement is less than advertised.... seems like a pointed signing, and not just a flyer (with that being solely my opinion).

i see it as a necessary signing for depth purposes. Without him I think we'd have a total of 2 OTs who have ever played in an NFL game. Also they are doing that double practice field thing for TC so they need 4 guys who at least know what they are doing to be able to run the offense. Just my take.

i see it as a necessary signing for depth purposes. Without him I think we'd have a total of 2 OTs who have ever played in an NFL game. Also they are doing that double practice field thing for TC so they need 4 guys who at least know what they are doing to be able to run the offense. Just my take.

i dont know that you go after a vet like hunter as a "just cause we need an extra guy to run the 4th spot at practice."

likewise just my gut there but it doesnt seem like a role that a mid-30s guy thats 2 years removed from the league jumps at the same way guy thats young would, unless theres a real light at the end of the camp tunnel

i dont know that you go after a vet like hunter as a "just cause we need an extra guy to run the 4th spot at practice."

likewise just my gut there but it doesnt seem like a role that a mid-30s guy thats 2 years removed from the league jumps at the same way guy thats young would, unless theres a real light at the end of the camp tunnel

he certainly could make the team - but I don't think its at the expense of Henderson. Unless Henderson really screws up. But I do think he's a depth signing, not a potential starter.

Henderson has not found favor with the new staff. That is almost certain. Combine that with the fact that Kujo is totally unproven and Henderson was the guy with upside who performed below average in his first year. It isn't unthinkable that the staff wants some sort of insurance, not that Hunter is a name that inspires much confidence either. He was benched by Ryan for allowing too many sacks.

Henderson has not found favor with the new staff. That is almost certain. Combine that with the fact that Kujo is totally unproven and Henderson was the guy with upside who performed below average in his first year. It isn't unthinkable that the staff wants some sort of insurance, not that Hunter is a name that inspires much confidence either. He was benched by Ryan for allowing too many sacks.

Performed as a below average tackle as a seventh round rookie is a good season.

welp, I think I'm wrong. Chris Brown just said on the JMS that he thinks the only reason they brought in Hunter for a tryout was due to their concerns over Henderson.

welp, I think I'm wrong. Chris Brown just said on the JMS that he thinks the only reason they brought in Hunter for a tryout was due to their concerns over Henderson.

A 33 year old 2 years removed from playing doesn't get in game shape just for fun. He thinks he has a shot. Which worries me a bit but we will see!

Performed as a below average tackle as a seventh round rookie is a good season.

Excellent value (anything resembling competence from a 7 is great) but perhaps not a lock.

Indeed. Below average is below average. We can guess that he will improve based on his noted upside or working under Kromer; we can guess he will not based on his missing time already or whatever else. Just because he started 16 games as a rookie does not mean he is an NFL starter. I want him to succeed as a member of the Bills, but I don't fault the staff for having concerns about the RT position.