Did I miss something

plenzmd1

Look at this quote. Has Vinny been released, or least told he will be released. Matbe opening up a spot for Drew?

"The Jets will likely acquire a backup QB in case Chad Pennington (rotator-cuff surgery) isn't ready for training camp, and Testaverde's name has been floated as one of the possibilities.

"Now that (offensive coordinator Paul) Hackett is gone, it makes an awful lot of sense," Testaverde's agent, Mike Azzarelli, told the New York Daily News. "Under the right circumstances, he'd love to go back to New York. From our end of the equation, it would be something to look at."

Testaverde, 41, who played for the Jets from 1998 to 2003, started 15 games for the Cowboys last season, compiling a 76.4 passer rating. If the Jets stand pat, new offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger will have only Brooks Bollinger and Ricky Ray available for spring and summer minicamps."

Look at this quote. Has Vinny been released, or least told he will be released. Matbe opening up a spot for Drew?

"The Jets will likely acquire a backup QB in case Chad Pennington (rotator-cuff surgery) isn't ready for training camp, and Testaverde's name has been floated as one of the possibilities.

"Now that (offensive coordinator Paul) Hackett is gone, it makes an awful lot of sense," Testaverde's agent, Mike Azzarelli, told the New York Daily News. "Under the right circumstances, he'd love to go back to New York. From our end of the equation, it would be something to look at."

Testaverde, 41, who played for the Jets from 1998 to 2003, started 15 games for the Cowboys last season, compiling a 76.4 passer rating. If the Jets stand pat, new offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger will have only Brooks Bollinger and Ricky Ray available for spring and summer minicamps."

234699[/snapback]

vinny is a UFA

The cowboys need the QB of the future.  The problem is this is a weak QB draft.  My guess is they will sign another veteran (like Bledsoe), and draft the QB of the future next year.

234720[/snapback]

I agree with the veteran part, but you don't think they will give Henson a shot for QB of the future?

I have posted this a number of times, and wish I had a link. But, both Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells made comments, after the Cowboys' season was over, that they thought Vinny played very well this year, under the circumstances, and had no plans on acquiring any further QB help for 2005. JJ has said that they would keep Testeverde, assuming he wanted to stay. Parcells echoed those sentiments. They also said that Henson was their QB of the future. He was originally going to be sent to NFL Europe, but just last week, it was decided, upon further review, that they would keep him in Dallas, to get him ready with their coaching staff, so he could seriously challange for the starting job. IMO, if Vinny is saying, through his agent, that he is interested in returning to NY, then the Cowboys likely told him that the job was Hensons' to lose, not unlike what Bledsoe is facing here.