OT: ESPN Hockey 2005

BillsNYC

Awseome game...its a shame that there is no NHL season because that game really got me in the mood to watch some hockey. Franchise mode is very solid, plus the scouting and free agency modes are really improved from last year. The gameplay is amazing though, it is the most fun I've had playing a hockey game since I used to spend hours on Blades of Steel when I was a kid. For 20 bucks, you cant lose.

Awseome game...its a shame that there is no NHL season because that game really got me in the mood to watch some hockey.  Franchise mode is very solid, plus the scouting and free agency modes are really improved from last year.  The gameplay is amazing though, it is the most fun I've had playing a hockey game since I used to spend hours on Blades of Steel when I was a kid.  For 20 bucks, you cant lose.

234635[/snapback]

I agree, funnest hockey game I've played in a long time. Good gameplay, although after a month or 2 it became too easy to score(i never bumped the difficulty up past pro though).

although after a month or 2 it became too easy to score

And that's the main problem I have with hockey games in general. It always seems like there's some special "move" you can do to score goals 98% of the time. And if you don't do the "move" you score about 0.001% of the time. ;)

They're still fun to play, but that part frustrates me.

CW

Good game -

I'll have to pop that in tonight; thanks for reminding me. Rocceo - dude - bump up the difficulty - how hard is that?

My biggest gripe is that there's a glitch in season/franchise mode. If a team suffers too many injuries the game will freeze when you're trying to play the next game, and so you have to manually sign FA's or edit the lines for that team. Pain on the butt, but the gameplay is 2nd to none.

No...that's ESPN 2006...

You can either be the players or the owners...

234696[/snapback]

I wouldnt be suprised if ESPN had a feature to just quit the game becaus emost of the punks they employ and put on the air dont like hockey and dont talk about it.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: E$PN

Good game -

I'll have to pop that in tonight; thanks for reminding me.  Rocceo - dude - bump up the difficulty - how hard is that?

My biggest gripe is that there's a glitch in season/franchise mode.  If a team suffers too many injuries the game will freeze when you're trying to play the next game, and so you have to manually sign FA's or edit the lines for that team.  Pain on the butt, but the gameplay is 2nd to none.

234789[/snapback]

I was wondering if it was only mine that did that. I lost my primary franchise after 5 SEASONS the first time that happened. Ooh, PISSED off I was.