US Open...Golf on Fox

plenzmd1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks pretty cool to me. Aren't the quirky features based on the old, classic courses in the British isles?

And what high handicap will play it 7,900 yards? Hasn't player heard of front tees?

Edited by JTSP

I am fairly certain will be watching the conclusion tomorrow morning....this thing going to go later than an NBA playoff game.

I did not see any yesterday...was Fox just as bad?

Edited by plenzmd1

Fox coverage is awful. From the awful music intro/outro's to them missing shots while they show the announcers patting each other on the back for making awful jokes. This to me just seems like an attempt to bring the NASCAR demographic to golf and it is brutal.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I'm usually rooting FOR somebody - and you end up getting frustrated that way, because they probably have a 1 in 5 chance of winning if it's a tight leaderboard.

Now the only thing I'm rooting for is for Dustin Johnson to lose. I'm hoping my theory stays true!

I'm usually rooting FOR somebody - and you end up getting frustrated that way, because they probably have a 1 in 5 chance of winning if it's a tight leaderboard.

Now the only thing I'm rooting for is for Dustin Johnson to lose. I'm hoping my theory stays true!

Mr. Gretzky just hit a 5-iron on his second shot on a 600-yd hole. I can't even fathom that. 😮 other than followed by another 5-iron and probably a wedge or 2.

Omg... I cannot believe he missed that putt to force the playoff. Choke-tastic.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Mr. Gretzky just hit a 5-iron on his second shot on a 600-yd hole. I can't even fathom that. 😮 other than followed by another 5-iron and probably a wedge or 2.

Omg... I cannot believe he missed that putt to force the playoff. Choke-tastic.

Exactly. I was cheering it!

3 putts...

1 putt...YOU WIN! :w00t:

2 putts...Playoff tomorrow! :)

3 putts...WTF just happened! :cry:

Worse than wide right. That was a miss from 47 yards. This was a 3 putt from 12 feet.

Im pretty much a casual observer, but I don't recall anything like that happening in major championship golf before, and perhaps all of championship sport

Edited by JTSP

Worse than wide right. That was a miss from 47 yards. This was a 3 putt from 12 feet.

Im pretty much a casual observer, but I don't recall anything like that happening in major championship golf before, and perhaps all of championship sport

This was an epic collapse in the Open Championship:

This was an epic collapse in the Open Championship:

VdV may be the worst collapse in sports history. He made one horrible decision after another for 20 minutes. That was a hundred times worse than a 3-putt from a bad putter.