US Open...Golf on Fox

plenzmd1

Been watching The Open on and off all day. Rooting for Patrick Reed...I like his unabashed cockiness.

That being said, Fox has a lot to learn covering golf. Just seems like they cannot track the ball near as well as the other networks. Times when I have no clue where a freakin putt is, let alone a drive or approach shot. Shot tracker is cool, but. It when I have no clue the result of the shot for 20 seconds.

I know they are rookies and will get better, but to my mind they are struggling mightily right now. Be interesting to see if they get better by Sunday night.

BTW, Tiger is done as a contender in any trny, let alone a major.

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching The Open on and off all day. Rooting for Patrick Reed...I like his unabashed cockiness.

That being said, Fox has a lot to learn covering golf. Just seems like they cannot track the ball near as well as the other networks. Times when I have no clue where a freakin putt is, let alone a drive or approach shot. Shot tracker is cool, but. It when I have no clue the result of the shot for 20 seconds.

I know they are rookies and will get better, but to my mind they are struggling mightily right now. Be interesting to see if they get better by Sunday night.

BTW, Tiger is done as a contender in any trny, let alone a major.

It looks that way now, but you might be a bit premature with your declaration.

It looks that way now, but you might be a bit premature with your declaration.

Could be, but I was there last year saying give it some time. And even though he is a youngin compared to me, at his age when you lose confidence , think it tough get back. He looks awful, and has for 18 months.

Could be, but I was there last year saying give it some time. And even though he is a youngin compared to me, at his age when you lose confidence , think it tough get back. He looks awful, and has for 18 months.

just missed about a 2 footer to cap off a triple bogey

confidence is a funny thing in golf, even a low level hack like me. at one time i played pretty decent, and then took a big gap backwards for which i have no explanation. But I can tell i wont get it back it either. seems mental more than physical

Rickie Fowler gave a nice interview after shooting 81...Tiger refused to speak to the announcers, though he did speak at press conference. Mentioned he kicked Rickie's butt (Tiger shot 80)

Edited by Steve O

Fox needs to add all the promos that they use in NASCAR. The gopher cam, or get someone like Ned Jarrett or Neil Bonnet to make the calls out of green. Yeah!

That, and more Bababooeys or My rooster Is Gone on the t-offs.

I'm a turtle

Fox needs to add all the promos that they use in NASCAR. The gopher cam, or get someone like Ned Jarrett or Neil Bonnet to make the calls out of green. Yeah!

That, and more Bababooeys or My rooster Is Gone on the t-offs.

Chambers Bay is a public course.

$250 for 18.

It is a walking course and caddies are highly recommended.

I could shoot 80.

Then make the trun with a beer and a hot dog and shoot another 80 on the back.

aren't all US Open tourneys held at public courses? I bet i could shoot about 100, but again, like any hacker, I am not aiming for the perfect spot on the green...i aim for around the green and work from there.

Chambers Bay is a public course.

$250 for 18.

It is a walking course and caddies are highly recommended.

I could shoot 80.

Then make the trun with a beer and a hot dog and shoot another 80 on the back.

aren't all US Open tourneys held at public courses? I bet i could shoot about 100, but again, like any hacker, I am not aiming for the perfect spot on the green...i aim for around the green and work from there.

From the tips??

Setting aside the need for accuracy I don't possess, I couldn't hit a driver far enough to even be in play on some of these holes.

I found the fox telecast to be really hard to follow. I really hope, and believe, they will get better as the tiny progresses.

As I work out of the house, great to have on one background all day.

agree. Golf on fox is just weird.

Greg Norman was supposed to save the coverage but his analysis isn't really all that great. The demolition of Tiger's game though was epic.

Edited by YoloinOhio