Church Shooting

no demographics on groups such as neo confederates and other racist hate groups come to hand but i think anecdote might lead towards the right conclusions in this case. came across this while looking however.

it was an epiphany for me explaining why so many libertarians here seem to agree with neo confederates re the civil war. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Confederate

Historian Daniel Feller asserts that libertarian authors Thomas DiLorenzo, Charles Adams, and Jeffrey Rogers Hummel have produced a "marriage of neo-Confederates and libertarianism." Despite an apparent disconnect ("How can a lover of liberty defend slavery?"), Feller writes:

What unites the two, aside from their hostility to the liberal academic establishment, is their mutual loathing of big government. Adams, DiLorenzo, and Hummel view the Civil War through the prism of market economics. In their view its main consequence, and even its purpose, was to create a leviathan state that used its powers to suppress the most basic personal freedom, the right to choose. The Civil War thus marks a historic retreat for liberty, not an advance. Adams and DiLorenzo dismiss the slavery issue as a mere pretext for aggrandizing central power. All three authors see federal tyranny as the war's greatest legacy. And they all hate Abraham Lincoln

So their position is based on something separate and distinct from slavery? Who knew?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed the point. The poor dental condition of these people is due to their politics and their inability to get to their dentist due to their lack of a Lexus or Infinity. My teeth are just so/so, but then again, I only drive an Acura. Now my wife's teeth are worthy of that German car represented by an upside down peace sign.

I didn't miss your point (despite that it makes no sense), I was just too distracted by the bigotry in your statement to pay attention to anything else you said.

Edited by Azalin

Nobody is.

apparently you believe that the confederacy and slavery can be divorced from each other. they can't.

I think the value and quality of cars generally is inversely related to the likelihood of seeing stickers and flags of any kind on them.

we actually agree here. most successful people have better things to do then spend their time lamenting lost causes.

I think the value and quality of cars generally is inversely related to the likelihood of seeing stickers and flags of any kind on them.

IMO, this is so true. And, I don't care what side the stickers are on.

But, I had to take a picture last year (I'll try to find it) of a car with two bumper stickers next to each other. One was for something like The Peace Center of WNY. The other said "Born OK the first time" or something like that. In other words - "Eff you, Christians"...............So much tor that whole Peace thing!

Your smarmy "driver and passengers in urgent need of dental work" jab is very telling about your need to categorize people by stereotypes. I notice you don't even mention that line in your laughable defense of your "truthful observation".

A little self-reflection time might do you some good.

He's your typical "fart sniffing" liberal poofter hypocrite and he knows it better than anyone.

So why are the Army and Navy still naming weapon systems and ships after members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans? When do we rename the Truman, Carl Vinson, and John C. Stennis (a/k/a "Johnny Reb")?

Edited by DC Tom

I didn't miss your point (despite that it makes no sense), I was just too distracted by the bigotry in your statement to pay attention to anything else you said.

Uh, you talkin to me? I was merely mocking birdog.

He's your typical "fart sniffing" liberal poofter hypocrite and he knows it better than anyone.

poofter...now there's an interesting word. just get back from england did you? alas, you again have exactly the wrong interpretation. i'm betting that my testosterone level exceeds yours. na,na,na,na,na,naaaaaa

Edited by birdog1960

poofter...now there's an interesting word. just get back from england did you? alas, you again have exactly the wrong interpretation. i'm betting that my testosterone level exceeds yours. na,na,na,na,na,naaaaaa

Well you're a doctor so you can prescribe steroids to yourself.

Anyone know what the new name of the Robert C Byrd Highway will be called?

Or the Robert C Byrd Academic and Technology Center?

Or the Robert C Byrd Library?

Or the Robert C Byrd National Aerospace Education Center?

Or the Robert C Byrd Metals Fabrication Center?

Or the Robert C Byrd .... well, you get the point.

Anyone know what the new name of the Robert C Byrd Highway will be called?

Or the Robert C Byrd Academic and Technology Center?

Or the Robert C Byrd Library?

Or the Robert C Byrd National Aerospace Education Center?

Or the Robert C Byrd Metals Fabrication Center?

Or the Robert C Byrd .... well, you get the point.

you act as though those that oppose the flag over the sc capital would also be opposed to such a thing. it's a slippery slope, yes. but unpalatable stuff like racism always is.