Church Shooting

if you can't understand that symbols connection to racism, you are either a moron or willfully ignorant.

at any rate, the act of that racist punk resulted in just the opposite effect that he desired and something that should have been put to rest long ago. poetic justice which will only get better when he is sentenced to life without parole.

Life without parole? Why should he continue to live?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life without parole? Why should he continue to live?

You remember Clockwork Orange? They should sit him down, forcibly peel his eyes open and have him watch hip hop videos every day of young white women being objectified by rappers. :D

From the confederate flag thread on the main board with a Redsjins heading:

Jonah Goldberg on northern anti-South bigotry.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/420204/charleston-shooting-response-south-left-condescension

There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation than Dixie.

A November poll of South Carolinians found that 61 percent of blacks wanted it down. That means nearly four in ten blacks felt differently. Are they deluded? Are they the moral equivalent of self-loathing Jews, happy to live under a swastika?

White Northern liberals explain how the South is an irredeemable cesspool of hate, while ignoring the fact that blacks are abandoning the Northern blue states in huge numbers to move to the south.

No, the South isnt perfect; name a region that is. But it does have good manners, which is why it routinely acts with more dignity and in Charleston, with more grace than its critics to the north.

if you can't understand that symbols connection to racism, you are either a moron or willfully ignorant.

at any rate, the act of that racist punk resulted in just the opposite effect that he desired and something that should have been put to rest long ago. poetic justice which will only get better when he is sentenced to life without parole.

Pretty tenuous connection to the shooting, but bigoted yankees don't typically require a reasonable argument to reinforce their bias. Edited by Rob's House

From the confederate flag thread on the main board with a Redsjins heading:

Jonah Goldberg on northern anti-South bigotry.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/420204/charleston-shooting-response-south-left-condescension

Pretty tenuous connection to the shooting, but bigoted yankees don't typically require a reasonable argument to reinforce their bias.

no. it's pretty reasonable to consider a section of the country that waited almost 100 years after the first state to abolish slavery and has a sizable presence that wants to honor that legacy, as backwards. only a fool or a racist would argue otherwise.

no. it's pretty reasonable to consider a section of the country that waited almost 100 years after the first state to abolish slavery and has a sizable presence that wants to honor that legacy, as backwards. only a fool or a racist would argue otherwise.

And that has what, exactly, to do with the topic.

Like everyone else, I fully support Gov. Haley's call (and the legislature's response) to take down the Confederate flag from State grounds.

But, THIS..............is truly moronic.

CJhQMDYUMAEYm04.jpg

unfortunately, it's not everyone else. ample evidence here and read the comments under the speech in the sc house video.

And that has what, exactly, to do with the topic.

the flag is part of that legacy as is its defense.

So, which are you calling Rob, a fool or a racist?

unfortunately, it's not everyone else. ample evidence here and read the comments under the speech in the sc house video.

I strongly disagree with your blanket statement

Greg Jones at The Federalist: “Sorry, Everyone, America Isn’t That Racist.”

It’s called “proof by example,” and it happens all the time. We take one event and point to it as evidence of a trend or, even worse, a universal fact—
a dog attacked my child, therefore all dogs are vicious and should be put down. Despite its popularity, particularly in political debate, proof by example is a logical fallacy. But logic is officially an endangered species in today’s hyperpartisan political environment.

Recent events nationwide, particularly the cold-blooded murder of nine black churchgoers in Charleston, South Carolina, at the hands of a revoltingly racist white supremacist, have propelled this faulty reasoning to new heights. Dangerous ones, in fact: the conversation surrounding race in America has rapidly evolved into a hyperbolic echo chamber into which today’s pundits, politicians, and professors repeatedly shout their false narrative. . . .

The most serious accusation, however, was lobbed from what has become the most ridiculously reactionary arena in all of American cultural and political life: academia. In response to the Charleston slayings, Occidental College Professor Caroline Heldman
America a “white supremacist society.” You hear that? Constant racism; America is a sewer; we are all white supremacists.

Apparently the America of 2015 is identical to the America of 1860.

News to me, and if I had to guess to 99 percent of the other 300-plus million Americans that peacefully coexist with members of all races day in and day out.
Unless, of course, I am so lucky as to “exist in a vacuum” of peace and tranquility light years beyond what most Americans experience. Judging from my neighborhood, and a few commonly ignored statistics, I highly doubt it.

America is a lot of things; racist isn’t one of them.

Consider, for example, that in 1958 a mere 4 percent of Americans approved of interracial marriage. By 2013, that number had
to 87 percent. In 2012 these once-taboo unions
an all-time high. . . . In fact, just a little more than two years ago The Washington Post, the same paper that featured Robinson’s editorial,
that America was in fact among the least-racist nations in the world.
Ku Klux Klan membership has
drastically from millions a century ago to fewer than 5,000 today. . . .

Most of us interact with people of numerous races daily without conflict or incident. Our friends, and even spouses, have skin colors different than ours, as do our teachers, doctors, and nurses. That’s because proof by example isn’t reality, and the actions of one man or three cops do not define a society of more than 300 million.

The heightened liberal/progressive cry of “racism!” has caused me to start disregarding the appellation. It’s now just background noise that I tune out, rather than taking seriously.

Actually, SC turned a corner on race way before this week. Please don't let that get lost in all this....

Pretty much every time you enter into a debate you cheapen it. You don't do your advocacy any favors.

I strongly disagree with your blanket statement

Greg Jones at The Federalist: “Sorry, Everyone, America Isn’t That Racist.”

The heightened liberal/progressive cry of “racism!” has caused me to start disregarding the appellation. It’s now just background noise that I tune out, rather than taking seriously.

Actually, SC turned a corner on race way before this week. Please don't let that get lost in all this....

and yet, it required a descendant of jefferson davis himself making an impassioned scolding of her colleagues and a threat of financial loss (morally sensitive investors pulling out of the state) to pass the bill unammended.

Pretty much every time you enter into a debate you cheapen it. You don't do your advocacy any favors.

why not try atrtacking the statement and not the author.

and yet, it required a descendant of jefferson davis himself making an impassioned scolding of her colleagues and a threat of financial loss (morally sensitive investors pulling out of the state) to pass the bill unammended.

Well if she's a decendant of Jefferson Davis she must be the authority on the matter. Maybe we can get Elizabeth Warren to speak on behalf of the Indians with respect to the Redskins.

Well if she's a decendant of Jefferson Davis she must be the authority on the matter. Maybe we can get Elizabeth Warren to speak on behalf of the Indians with respect to the Redskins.

*snort*

Or Bruce Jenner on matters of equal pay for women?

No, you are again misrepresenting...........and making the same mistake.

Rep. Horne's speech was terrific and required listening for all, but that flag decision was going to be made in either case.

But YOU still want to start from the same position. That the majority of (today's South Carolina representatives harbor racist feelings, and they wouldn't have changed their minds if not for the speech.

South Carolina changed long ago.

After the Church shooting there were many, many well written articles that spoke to this,

but you just stick to the media narrative.............................

Like everyone else, I fully support Gov. Haley's call (and the legislature's response) to take down the Confederate flag from State grounds.

But, THIS..............is truly moronic.

CJhQMDYUMAEYm04.jpg

:lol: Oh, CNN... remember when it was a real source of news rather than guffaws? Anyone?

I'm not sure I follow your point. Are you suggesting that a flag raised by Democrats and removed by Republicans is only coming down because Republicans were afraid to lose money?

Now that we have solved South Carolina Battleflag problem, we social warriors need a new target.....................

Progressives in Louisiana may have found the next historical atrocity to expunge from the record, the fleur de lis.

Citing instances where runaway slaves were branded with fleur de lis’, New Orleans local news explored the icon’s “troubled history.”

The fleur de lis is a symbol that is deeply ingrained in Louisiana’s history. Seen in architecture, the state flag and on the helmets of the Saints, it’s everywhere.

But while it is now seen as the mark of our great state, it was once used to mark slaves.

“Code noir, those words are French and mean black code,” said slave historian Dr. Ibrahima Seck.

The black code was a set of regulations adopted in Louisiana in 1724 from other French colonies around the world, meant to govern the state’s slave population. Seck said those rules included branding slaves with the fleur de lis as punishment for running away.

“He would be taken before a court and the sentence would be being branded on one shoulder and with the fleur de lis, and then they would crop their ears,” Seck said.

Seck said if that slave ran away a second time, he or she would be branded again, but with another brutality added. Their hamstrings would be cut.

To him, this symbol only brings sad thoughts.

“As an African I find it painful, and I think people whose ancestors were enslaved here may feel it even harder than I do as an African,” Seck said.

Tulane history professor Terence Fitzmorris said the fleur de lis has roots in the French the revolution and, similar to other symbols, was used as a mark of supremacy.

“It was a brutal way of scarring someone and also identifying someone as a particular troublemaker,” Fitzmorris said.

Good Lord.........what does the NFL do now ?

nfl_washington_neworleans.jpg