Madden Bowl 2005

Sadly, he lost to Philly's Michael Lewis in the finals, but apparently McGahee can really play a mean Madden game. I remember hearing over the offseason that he actually created the Bills playbook in his Madden 2005 game so he can practice with the plays when he's not on the field and just run through them. Who wouldnt want to steal that memory card, huh?

Plus, here is a picture of Milloy and McGahee at the Madden Bowl tourny

Too bad for Willis that next year he'll be somewhat distracted by his Madden Bowl duties since he'll be leading us deep into the playoffs ;)

Check out the whole Madden Bowl story on EASports.com

Sadly, he lost to Philly's Michael Lewis in the finals, but apparently McGahee can really play a mean Madden game.  I remember hearing over the offseason that he actually created the Bills playbook in his Madden 2005 game so he can practice with the plays when he's not on the field and just run through them.  Who wouldnt want to steal that memory card, huh?

Plus, here is a picture of Milloy and McGahee at the Madden Bowl tourny

Too bad for Willis that next year he'll be somewhat distracted by his Madden Bowl duties since he'll be leading us deep into the playoffs  ;)

Check out the whole Madden Bowl story on EASports.com

234585[/snapback]

I believe that he wont hte thing last year. A lot of the players are supposed to be good, they play all the time and You'd assuem their football knowledge would be much greater tahn any of ours. Its just a matter of how well they pick up the little ins and otus of the game.

He's also a poor sport when losing Madden.  I posted an article last year where he got so pissed off during a similar competition that he just stormed off the stage around halftime.

CW

234603[/snapback]

Yeah, that was last year's Madden Bowl where he lost in the finals to Dwight Freeney. All that shows to me is McGahee hates to lose...a good attitude to have.

any chance TD can sign him to a career-length deal loaded with performance bonuses?

This kid (and yes, I can finally start to say that as many NFLers are younger than me ;)) just seems to love life, love playing football and love laying out DBs with a nasty frigging stiffarm..

TD - extend him 10 years - git er done!

Yeah, that was last year's Madden Bowl where he lost in the finals to Dwight Freeney.  All that shows to me is McGahee hates to lose...a good attitude to have.

234613[/snapback]

Sure glad the Buffalo Bills didn't have the "run to the bus" mentality against the Oilers...

CW

I dont think his reaction to a meaningless video game translates into the type of person he is on the football field.

234632[/snapback]

So you can compare WM walking off the stage because he's losing as a good thing ("it shows he's competitive!"), but you can't say that he simply gives up when the going gets tough ("it's just a meaningless video game!"). I know people said the same thing back when I posted about it last year, but I still disagree and think that at best it shows a lack of maturity and at worst a lack of discipline and perseverance.

But that's just me. ;)

CW

So you can compare WM walking off the stage because he's losing as a good thing ("it shows he's competitive!"), but you can't say that he simply gives up when the going gets tough ("it's just a meaningless video game!").  I know people said the same thing back when I posted about it last year, but I still disagree and think that at best it shows a lack of maturity and at worst a lack of discipline and perseverance.

But that's just me. ;)

CW

234639[/snapback]

I agree with you Fezmid. Maybe it doesn't mean that he'll be a quiter in the nfl, but it definately is not a good thing that he'd rather quit instead of take a loss or even attempt a comeback.

Anyone remember that interception against the Ravens that Willis gave up on? I hope it's not a trend...