Levitre About To Lose His Starting Spot?

H2o

Well then, what about Pat Morris - The Bills Offensive Line coach under DM? Did he do his job or did DM muck it up for him and everybody else?

Marrone was the Oline coach with Morris. I also have to think Marrone had more pull in regards to personnel then say a position coach.

Morris is no longer here, so who cares if he is bad or good. We know the dynamic duo of M&M was not very good last year.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levitre was a big bust for the Titans. They spent big on him hoping he would be a key cog on the O-line and be a factor in turning around that unit. Shocking as he was a young and productive player for us. You really can't predict this game at all.

I think that D'Alesandro was the prize that walked.

Sir, he was only elevated to such great heights by being in the presence of the honorable Chester Reitengald IV, A true gentleman, scholar and American Football legend.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt hinted LG Andy Levitre isn't locked in as a starter.

Levitre has been working at both guard and center, and Whisenhunt admitted the team is exploring its options at left guard opposite RG Chance Warmack. Veterans Byron Bell and Jamon Meredith have been seeing reps next to LT Taylor Lewan. Free agent Evan Mathis has also been loosely linked to the Titans. Levitre has been a bust since signing a six-year, $46.8 million deal in 2013
Pro Bowl caliber to being on the bench possibly? Looks that way for Levitre.

Crazy how a player can be great on one team and a bust on another, also the knee injury didn't help.

I thought it was an awful move to let him walk. He never missed a game, had speed and instincts to pull when needed, seemed to do well singled up against some good DT's.

I can't believe he's being considered a bust. Damn. I have more than one post about how ridiculous it was to let our best lineman (and a blindside one at that) walk right before we pick a rookie qb.

eating my hat now............

I thought it was an awful move to let him walk. He never missed a game, had speed and instincts to pull when needed, seemed to do well singled up against some good DT's.

I can't believe he's being considered a bust. Damn. I have more than one post about how ridiculous it was to let our best lineman (and a blindside one at that) walk right before we pick a rookie qb.

eating my hat now............

I think the issue people here took with it was that the team didn't replace him with anyone of note. They lose Levitre to a ridiculous contract, a prudent move considering the contract and the position. But the team didn't find a way to get a replacement at the guard position till they signed Williams this past off-season and that was a bust.

He was a solid guard but became completely overrated by some. Unlike Marrone, Gailey catered to his players' strengths. He got the best out of Levitre and he was never as good as his contract made him out to be.

I think oline can be coached up more than any other position. Kromer from Marrone is a massive upgrade. We can have the majority of the same starters and see an improvement this year. Watch.

His performance was due to OL coach Joe D NOT Gailey, without OL coach he is more ordinary

IIRC Chas Rhinegold was let go that same year (or he walked away to follow Joe D'Alesandro to SD)...either way, Rhinegold may have been the prize that walked as opposed to Andy.

Joe D'Alesandro was the prize

His performance was due to OL coach Joe D NOT Gailey, without OL coach he is more ordinary

Joe D'Alesandro was the prize

It goes hand in hand. IF the Bills ran a better scheme last year instead of running the ball up the middle all the time on early downs. the oline would have benefitted. Gailey would get Spiller into space (his strength) and pull Levitre to block for him (his strength). Levitre is not a power run blocker. Gailey was a really good offensive coach who got the most out of his very average at best talent.

They had a contingency plan, it just didn't end up working out very well, there's a distinct difference between the two

When the less than average NFL fan can tell that the contingency plan is a bunch of malarkey can it really be called a contingency plan?