What does TD have in store for us?

JP-era

Lets look at a few things here.

Going into 2004, Schobel, Pat Williams, Jonas Jennings all set to be FA's in 2005. Its widely reported that we can only re-sign one before the season is over. TD even said that that was the case.

Well it turns out to be Schobel. Yet, FA looked to offer other DE's that had similar type of production in players like Darren Howard, and Reggie Hayward. But, out of the three he chose Schobel. Its purely conjecture on my part but ask yourself why? If TD was so in love with Drew as his superbowl QB why would he not lock up Jonas Jennings long term over Schobel? If we had to choose between either position as far as being easier to replcae in the offseason it would NOT be the LT spot. Unless he had something in mind at LT that DIDNT include Jennings.

Then, before FA begins, he starts making moves that indicate he is building even more cap cash to spend. Again, why? Surely he can resign both Jennings and Pat with 9 mill in cap cash and then get a starting LG from the draft. Most people agree that we at least have decent starters at all other positions. But he is insisting that he needs more cap cash, why?

Im wondering if he has some BIGTIME player in mind.

With the recent developments about Moulds, it look like we will end up 12 mill under with just that move, yet we still have the Drew situation and a possible trade of Travis and then a few players likely to be cut, Pierson Priouleau for one.

Why all the cap cash?

Who is he bracing us to sign? I have a few earth shakers to think about.

The most likely is a stud LT with Jennings ready to leave. Again I say ready to leave because he can resign him and not need to do anything as far as the cap goes. That tells me he wants to upgrade. Could it be Walter Jones? Tra Thomas?

Id say a stud LG but the Bills seem to like a few guys that should be available at their 2nd round spot. Even if they go after a LG stud, they can probably land him for 2-3 mill per. Not a bank breaker.

Here comes the fun part. Theres some guys set to be out there that are studs at positions you wouldnt think we would need. Is TD playing the best player available concept if FA?

heres some big name guys to wet your appetite:

DT-Coery Simon

WR-Jerry Porter

QB-Drew Brees

WR-Plaxico Burress

DT-Kendrick Clancy

DT-Chris Hovan

CB-Charles Woodson

CB-Ken Lucas

CB-Ty Law-may be cut

CB-Patrick Surtain-may be traded in exchange for Travis

LB-Morlona Greenwood, Tommey Polley, Chris Claiborne

K-Adam Vinateri

I just think that hes got a suprise FA up his sleeve

Lets look at a few things here.

Going into 2004, Schobel, Pat Williams, Jonas Jennings all set to be FA's in 2005. Its widely reported that we can only re-sign one before the season is over. TD even said that that was the case.

Well it turns out to be Schobel. Yet, FA looked to offer other DE's that had similar type of production in players like Darren Howard, and Reggie Hayward. But, out of the three he chose Schobel. Its purely conjecture on my part but ask yourself why? If TD was so in love with Drew as his superbowl QB why would he not lock up Jonas Jennings long term over Schobel? If we had to choose between either position as far as being easier to replcae in the offseason it would NOT be the LT spot. Unless he had something in mind at LT that DIDNT include Jennings.

Then, before FA begins, he starts making moves that indicate he is building even more cap cash to spend. Again, why? Surely he can resign both Jennings and Pat with 9 mill in cap cash and then get a starting LG from the draft. Most people agree that we at least have decent starters at all other positions. But he is insisting that he needs more cap cash, why?

Im wondering if he has some BIGTIME player in mind.

With the recent developments about Moulds, it look like we will end up 12 mill under with just that move, yet we still have the Drew situation and a possible trade of Travis and then a few players likely to be cut, Pierson Priouleau for one.

Why all the cap cash?

Who is he bracing us to sign? I have a few earth shakers to think about.

The most likely is a stud LT with Jennings ready to leave. Again I say ready to leave because he can resign him and not need to do anything as far as the cap goes. That tells me he wants to upgrade. Could it be Walter Jones? Tra Thomas?

Id say a stud LG but the Bills seem to like a few guys that should be available at their 2nd round spot. Even if they go after a LG stud, they can probably land him for 2-3 mill per. Not a bank breaker.

Here comes the fun part. Theres some guys set to be out there that are studs at positions you wouldnt think we would need. Is TD playing the best player available concept if FA?

heres some big name guys to wet your appetite:

DT-Coery Simon

WR-Jerry Porter

QB-Drew Brees

WR-Plaxico Burress

DT-Kendrick Clancy

DT-Chris Hovan

CB-Charles Woodson

CB-Ken Lucas

CB-Ty Law-may be cut

CB-Patrick Surtain-may be traded in exchange for Travis

LB-Morlona Greenwood, Tommey Polley, Chris Claiborne

K-Adam Vinateri

I just think that hes got a suprise FA up his sleeve

234580[/snapback]

I agree and really think that its Tra Thomas. Also it may be a cd, but LT seems to be the obvious one.

i do not think the name Bledsoe came up when TD desided to extend shobel insted of jennings.

wont JP need a OT??? whoever our QB will be, he needs a OT.

i think TD knows how good Jennings is, and thats why he did not give him an extention. cus basicaly someone will over pay for him. and it wont be us.