Franchised tagged QBs next season

Virgil

If some of these big name QBs get franchised tagged, like Eli, Russell, Rivers, is it still a pair of first round picks for another team to sign them away?

If that's the case and Wilson gets tagged, I would hope to see us jump on that.

I feel like it isn't that easy though

Wilson would get the exclusive tag meaning he can't talk to anyone.

I didn't think there was a tag that didn't allow the player to leave under any circumstances. That would suck if he got hurt during that year

Edited by Derek in Va

It would be very tough for the Bills to pull off snagging a tagged QB. The cap impact would probably mean not re-signing Dareus and parting ways with at least one other player. Notably the Bills would have to create the necessary cap space in order to sign the QB and run the risk of the offer being matched anyway. It's just not going to happen next offseason. If they go all out to get a QB it'll be in the draft. That is something I do expect.

It would be very tough for the Bills to pull off snagging a tagged QB. The cap impact would probably mean not re-signing Dareus and parting ways with at least one other player. Notably the Bills would have to create the necessary cap space in order to sign the QB and run the risk of the offer being matched anyway. It's just not going to happen next offseason. If they go all out to get a QB it'll be in the draft. That is something I do expect.

i also think they will take a QB in the 1st. The only way they don't is if EJ or TT takes the team to the playoffs AND looks really great doing it.

I didn't think there was a tag that didn't allow the player to leave under any circumstances. That would suck if he got hurt during that year

Teams can put a non-exclusive franchise tag on a player as a way to retain or to get a highway robbery trade like Donahoe did with Peerless Price to Atlanta. If a team places a non-exclusive franchise tag they can get up to two 1st's in return.

The Bills need to start planning for a worse case scenario now if EJ or Tyrod , well you know.

Start by hiring the best QB scouts for the next draft money can buy.

They might have to give up a lot like Wash did to move up for RG3 or throw in a probowl player .

If the Bills OL becomes solid , a move up deal like Sammy might do it.

The Bills need to start planning for a worse case scenario now if EJ or Tyrod , well you know.

Start by hiring the best QB scouts for the next draft money can buy.

They might have to give up a lot like Wash did to move up for RG3 or throw in a probowl player .

If the Bills OL becomes solid , a move up deal like Sammy might do it.

it might benefit them to take a gamble by trading with a team like San Fran right now, predicting that they'll be bad enough for a top five pick next year. The price at this point won't be as much, as opposed to trying to trade next April. Of course, you'd be giving up a superstar and giving them one. It's a big gamble, but Whaley would look like a genius if it paid off.

So far the top 3 look like C cubed, but good scouting might find a player like Nick Foles was rd3

Connor Cook*, QB, Michigan State
Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State
Cardale Jones*, QB, Ohio State

So far the top 3 look like C cubed, but good scouting might find a player like Nick Foles was rd3

Connor Cook*, QB, Michigan State
Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State
Cardale Jones*, QB, Ohio State

There is a good chance there will be a strong QB draft next year with several 1st round grade prospects. There is also a good chance that Jones will not start the season as it looks right now. That doesn't mean he won't play but it could affect where he gets drafted. Other guys are in the mix too but seeing how I love Big 10 QBs for this team (they play in wind/snow/cold) this is a good year. But also Jacoby Brisset, Jared Goff, Cody Kessler are names to watch for. Even the Boykin kid from Texas Tech if he shows he can make all the throws. He would be a fit in a Roman O. I am not a Hackenberg fan yet. He has a lot to prove. If I could choose any QB for the Bills to draft at this point in time, I take Cook.