Falcons release OT Sam Baker

Wow! The Falcons took it In the shorts big time with Baker. The release means they paid him $18.25M to be their LT for two seasons. Only $4.5M in salary for 2015 so apparently he's worth less than half of what they were paying him. Damn!

Wow! The Falcons took it In the shorts big time with Baker. The release means they paid him $18.25M to be their LT for two seasons. Only $4.5M in salary for 2015 so apparently he's worth less than half of what they were paying him. Damn!

$9 mill per year for a good LT is not bad.

Dude was def solid before injuries. I would def take a flier on him for depth, if not challenge for the rt tackle spot. He would probably come cheap, and be competition for our other tackles.

Yup. He apparently hasn't healed well from the patellar injury in 2013. The Falcons were going to try him at guard, hoping that he'd be in good enough shape for that. I guess he isn't. Expect a retirement or a lengthy layoff for him. If he really wants a ring maybe he gets his body right and signs on later in the season after some tackle for a playoff team gets injured, but I doubt it. He's almost certainly done. He just made a lot of money so why would he further put his health on the line to make close to vet minimum somewhere?

$9 mill per year for a good LT is not bad.

True, but Baker only played 4 games in 2013 before he tore his patellar and then he sat out all of 2014. They paid over $4.5M per GAME for him. Edited by BarleyNY

Why would a guy who just pocketed $18.25M over the last two years sign a one year deal for for $870k?

Loves the game? Scared of life after football? Owes throatzilla more than la'el does?

Not that I think he's a fit

Edited by NoSaint

Loves the game? Scared of life after football? Owes throatzilla more than la'el does?

Not that I think he's a fit

If he's scared of anything I'm thinking it'd be of walking with a limp for rest of his life. He's had a difficult recovery already.

As for what he can offer - the Falcons let him go. There are few teams more in need of OL help than them and they didn't want him.

If he's scared of anything I'm thinking it'd be of walking with a limp for rest of his life. He's had a difficult recovery already.

As for what he can offer - the Falcons let him go. There are few teams more in need of OL help than them and they didn't want him.

Show me a player not facing that as a potential reality? Welcome to the nfl.

Though I'll agree, again, that I don't want him.