bridge closed on acount a some flies

Beerball

I used to work on the Upper Ms River in Dubuque, Iowa. One time we stayed at a motel by The River. When I woke up in the morning it was like a snow storm, I could barely open my door to the outside, I could have used a snow shovel!

Then there is this... In 2013, weather radar actually caught mayflies on the move, like a thunderstom!:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2706029/Caught-radar-Beer-loving-bugs-swarm-Midwest.html

Get them a calendar, it's June! They deserve to die before they can bite someone again.

Mayflies do NOT bite or sting. Read the article I posted above... They can be so bad that they can cause accidents. They slick up the road when crushed... Just asbad a snow, sometimes 2 feet thick!

Thanks to clean water, they have since reestablished themselves since the late 1970's. For a 50 year period they were far and few between. Same here in Illinois with "lightening bugs" or fireflies... You see them all over the place where I live. FWIW, I think it is a sign of good air quality? Or something like that? LMAO!

Mayflies do NOT bite or sting. Read the article I posted above... They can be so bad that they can cause accidents. They slick up the road when crushed... Just asbad a snow, sometimes 2 feet thick!

Thanks to clean water, they have since reestablished themselves since the late 1970's. For a 50 year period they were far and few between. Same here in Illinois with "lightening bugs" or fireflies... You see them all over the place where I live. FWIW, I think it is a sign of good air quality? Or something like that? LMAO!

What we have in Virginia are called "Mayflies," and they do sting.