[closed]Carucci: Old coaching staff barely helped Manuel

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/06/12/bills-mailbag-by-vic-caruccilack-of-cap-puts-a-dent-in-spending/

A reader asked a question to Vic about EJ Manuel’s development under Doug Marrone and his coaching staff and Vic had the following response:

"I say: There is plenty of validity to that. From what I’ve heard from the current Bills coaching staff, Manuel has gotten minimal technical/mechanical guidance since arriving in Buffalo as a first-round draft pick. The opinion of the current coaches is that he pretty much has been on his own the past two years in developing his game. And that has been reflected in his performance through offseason workouts."

With that being said, it's hard to be down on Manuel given how inept Marrone and Hackett were. There were early reports saying if Manuel does not win the starting position this year that he would be traded by the start of the season. I don't know if Manuel will win the starting job this season, but I feel he should be given more time given the two bozos that were running the offense for the past two years.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/06/12/bills-mailbag-by-vic-caruccilack-of-cap-puts-a-dent-in-spending/

A reader asked a question to Vic about EJ Manuel’s development under Doug Marrone and his coaching staff and Vic had the following response:

"I say: There is plenty of validity to that. From what I’ve heard from the current Bills coaching staff, Manuel has gotten minimal technical/mechanical guidance since arriving in Buffalo as a first-round draft pick. The opinion of the current coaches is that he pretty much has been on his own the past two years in developing his game. And that has been reflected in his performance through offseason workouts."

It sounds as if most players were left on their own from a technique/mechanics viewpoint, eg, "Kujo, he's a waist-bender" vs "here, son, let me give you a conditioning program and some technical exercises to help with that"

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.