If you live in MD you can let your kids play outside

Beerball

Wow... Way to go Iowa. Somebody is getting domestically abused, they call the cops, cops find that the person being abused is drunk after meeting them on their own front porch. What do the cops do? Arrest them for public intoxication! Well, that is how I read it. Thank God the Iowa Supreme Court set this straight.

With the court not getting it right, how would somebody being abused get away if they so happened to be drunk? They gotta deal w/the abuser or run off and face the cops. Wow... Double whammy.

This Florida thing bugs me. The kid played hoops for an hour and a half until his parents got home? Oh no!! When I was that age I ran all over the neighborhood and the only thing I had to do was be home before the street lights came on. Felony charges? Way to go Florida!

This Florida thing bugs me. The kid played hoops for an hour and a half until his parents got home? Oh no!! When I was that age I ran all over the neighborhood and the only thing I had to do was be home before the street lights came on. Felony charges? Way to go Florida!

My parents should have been charge several times. I was "kicked out" of the house several times by my parents saying "Go outside and play" Hell i was actually grounded from being inside at times.

We would roam the neighborhood, just like you did. not causing any trouble, but just being kids.

I like how the neighbor saw the kid locked out, called the police, and the police charge the parents with neglect because the kid had no access to food, water. shelter...Why didn't the !@#$head neighbor invite the kid inside?

If I missed the bus home from school, I wouldn't get a ride. I'd have to walk. Two miles, no matter the weather. Busy street. No one thought anything of it. By today's standards, most of our parents would be in prison.

We used to grab bumpers of cars and trucks and ride sliding boots on snow/ice down streets.

I broke my arm in an unsanctioned tackle football without any protective gear.

Law in Florida are probably like that because judges realize that parents are too stupid to know about shelter, etc since raised in Florida schools and they are right because the parents elected the judges.

Wow... The arresting cop even pissed on their lawn! Way to go!

Wow. I recall coming home and being locked out at that age. Had to just hang out in my freezing cold garage for 2 hours, or sitting on the back stoop for an hour.

I think you can still sue your parents. Let me take the case. I think I can get you a million. I will PM the board and have them testify how screwed up you are!

Now... Of course... I gotta take 33%.

You in?

;-)

Reminds me of the movie: "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"

You are in for some serious poopy if your local Arlington, VA drugist is out of Dapper Dan pomade!

Wow... The arresting cop even pissed on their lawn! Way to go!

I think you can still sue your parents. Let me take the case. I think I can get you a million. I will PM the board and have them testify how screwed up you are!

Now... Of course... I gotta take 33%.

You in?

;-)

Just a million? I have experienced trauma for the last 25 years, recalling those dark hours, sitting on a lawn chair in my garage.

Just a million? I have experienced trauma for the last 25 years, recalling those dark hours, sitting on a lawn chair in my garage.

Wow... This is good, very good... I didn't know. Did your parents help w/college. That's kinda bad if they did. Anyway, w/this news... Maybe we go for more! Let's make those nasty parents pay!

Wow... This is good, very good... I didn't know. Did your parents help w/college. That's kinda bad if they did. Anyway, w/this news... Maybe we go for more! Let's make those nasty parents pay!

They did help with college. But I think I could have gone to a better college but for the emotional scars. Maybe there is a lost wages claim here too? I feel like I would have been a CEO of a major Fortune 500 company, if only they hadn't left me without food and water for 2 hours.

They did help with college. But I think I could have gone to a better college but for the emotional scars. Maybe there is a lost wages claim here too? I feel like I would have been a CEO of a major Fortune 500 company, if only they hadn't left me without food and water for 2 hours.

There's always water. It's called a garden hose.

Playing outside. Street hockey. Lawn darts. Toy guns that look like real guns. Street jousting

Can I retroactively call child protective services on my parents :rolleyes:

Bicycling without a helmet. Crossing the street. Swimming without an approved flotation device. Carrying a pocket knife to school. Making an unlicensed breeder reactor in mom's garden shed.

So much of what we used to do is now illegal.