The World Turned Upside Down

As screwy as NASA being used as a Muslim outreach entity we now have the DoD openly celebrating gay pride and introducing male general's husbands? Something just ain't right.

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/2015/06/11/ignoring-terrorism-but-celebrating-gay-pride/?preview=true?subscriber=1

President Obama and his administration apparently haven’t had enough time—though it’s been more than a year—to develop a strategy to combat the anti-American terrorist group known as the Islamic State. But the Department of Defense has certainly found enough time and money to celebrate June as “Pride Month” at the Pentagon and highlight the “husbands” of top male generals.

The celebrations include events inside the Pentagon, posters and PowerPoint presentations, and even a special video from the news agency of the Department of Defense. The Department of Defense also conveyed its approval by “rainbow-ing” its website.

DoD News quotes Defense Secretary Ash Carter as saying that diversity and inclusion are critical to recruiting and retaining the force of the future. He made the comments at Tuesday’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) “Pride Month” event held at the Pentagon.

Surveys show about one or two percent of the population is homosexual, and the percentage in the military is probably even lower. Yet, considerable Pentagon resources are now being devoted to highlighting their involvement in the Armed Forces and getting more of the LGBT community to join.

This month’s rainbow-colored Pentagon “pride” poster celebrates “victories that have affirmed freedom and fairness,” to quote President Obama, except for the more important but elusive “victory” over the Islamic State.

(Carly Simon/Jacob Brackman)

Strange times in Portland, Maine
Lobsters dancing on the dock
Switzerland's been weird since they unplugged the clocks
Man and a woman living in Brooklyn Heights
Each convinced that the other is in the wrong
Last year the divorce rate trippled in Hong Kong
If through all the madness
We can stick together
We're safe and sound
The world's just inside out and upside down

Flash from Mexico... the TOREADORS have all turned gay
Roman whores have quit to seek a better way
Dope has undermined the morale of the Buckingham Palace guards
Motorcycle gangs ride naked down Hollywood Boulevard
If through all the madness
We can stick together
We're safe and sound
The whole world's just turned inside out and upside down

Marahaj wants you to lead a pilgrimage to Tibet
New York women want me sounding off like a Suffragette
I know that each of us is alone in the end
But the trip still feels less dangerous when you've got a friend
If we stick together
You and me forever
We're safe and sound
The world's just turned inside out and upside down
The world's just turned inside out and upside down

Edited by 3rdnlng

http://youtu.be/-NSz-9qqgKE

Strange days have found us
Strange days have tracked us down
They're going to destroy
Our casual joys
We shall go on playing
Or find a new town

Yeah!

Strange eyes fill strange rooms
Voices will signal their tired end
The hostess is grinning
Her guests sleep from sinning
Hear me talk of sin
And you know this is it

Yeah!

Strange days have found us
And through their strange hours
We linger alone
Bodies confused
Memories misused
As we run from the day
To a strange night of stone

As screwy as NASA being used as a Muslim outreach entity we now have the DoD openly celebrating gay pride and introducing male general's husbands? Something just ain't right.

Your just figuring out this now? It ain't been right for a while now. And I'm not just talking about those two creepazoids that are in the WH.