Article: E.J. is beating out Cassel and Taylor in OTA's

pbanach

You're wrong. One game was under 200. It was 173 with 73% completion in a win against CHI, in which he passed for TD and rushed for one, too. Since when is that bad?

Seeing as we're comparing total yardage, you and BFF are saying it's bad. Edited by FireChan

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you got me. What stats, other than passing would you like to use in discussing QB play?

OYE. OVERALL OFFENSE. Game Management which equals keeping drives alive by scrambling when needed and NOT having 5 straight 3 and outs and sliding short of a 1st down with a defender far enough away for the QB to have made it had he held his slide a few seconds longer.

Passing yard stats is a Smoke and Mirrors stat. Is Russel Wilson a Top Passer? Is Romo? Alex Smith?

And apparently Marrone had seen enough after four games with E.J., to bench him after the unforgettable 21-44 performance against the Texans.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014092802/2014/REG4/bills@texans?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo

how many worse games have we seen from Tom Brady** when he had 4 INT games. IIRC I think its between 3 and 5.

How many other QB's have had bad games against Houston?

A: a lot

And BTW, how did the Bills lose to the horrible Raiders?

Poor defense and 13 TOTAL net yards rushing.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014122110/2014/REG16/bills@raiders?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000447909&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

Kyle Orton and Moron not adjusting to the game as it passed by.

also Moron should have benched Orton after his first 4 games.

OYE. OVERALL OFFENSE. Game Management which equals keeping drives alive by scrambling when needed and NOT having 5 straight 3 and outs and sliding short of a 1st down with a defender far enough away for the QB to have made it had he held his slide a few seconds longer.

Passing yard stats is a Smoke and Mirrors stat. Is Russel Wilson a Top Passer? Is Romo? Alex Smith?

how many worse games have we seen from Tom Brady** when he had 4 INT games. IIRC I think its between 3 and 5.

You're the one throwing out stats, so I thought to compare stats that are directly attributable to a QB. KC, Seattle passing stats didn't swing as wildly as they did for Buffalo between 2013 & 2014.

It's clear that you think that EJ's issues are due solely to Marrone's hate for him, when there's ample evidence that he's simply not that good, and a coach was deathly afraid of keeping him out on the field because he was a few throws away from killing his entire WR corps.

Well, they could have benched Orton and fired the O Coordinator after the 2nd Miami game in my opinion. I will give you that much.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014111300/2014/REG11/bills@dolphins?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000431149&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Funny ... I don't recall saying that. I call it efficient and successful.

Then why are you saying anything?

If you don't believe yards is an efficient metric, why take a stance on a yards debate?

Edited by FireChan

Then why are you saying anything?

If you don't believe yards is an efficient metric, why take a stance on a yards debate?

So taking a stance that low yards does not necessarily equal poor performance isn't relevant to this debate?

It is relevant to BF4E's points. Not mine.

So it's your opinion that throwing fewer passes, for fewer yards at a higher completion percentage - ending up with a victory - is a bad thing?

So it's your opinion that throwing fewer passes, for fewer yards at a higher completion percentage - ending up with a victory - is a bad thing?

My opinion is that BF4E's metric of which QB is better is flawed. That's also your opinion. Our provided evidence was different. That's all. You actually are agreeing with me while simultaneously disagreeing with me. It's fascinating.

W-L is a team stat.

Edited by FireChan

My opinion is that BF4E's metric of which QB is better is flawed. That's also your opinion. Our provided evidence was different. That's all. You actually are agreeing with me while simultaneously disagreeing with me. It's fascinating.

W-L is a team stat.

Did I bring up W-L as a QB stat? Nope. I see, now, that your expectation is that I'm going to go back and read all of the previous crap. That's another nope.

You're the one throwing out stats, so I thought to compare stats that are directly attributable to a QB. KC, Seattle passing stats didn't swing as wildly as they did for Buffalo between 2013 & 2014.

It's clear that you think that EJ's issues are due solely to Marrone's hate for him, when there's ample evidence that he's simply not that good, and a coach was deathly afraid of keeping him out on the field because he was a few throws away from killing his entire WR corps.

There's also ample evidence that shows how EJ Manuel was good enough to keep Jameis Winston on the bench at FSU. The same Jameis Winston that won a National Championship and Heisman trophy. As far as play calling goes, I was done and convinced that something was amiss when down in the red zone Marrone/Hackett decided to throw a slant pass to Mike Williams in the end zone. Not a jump ball situation that he was basically brought to Buffalo for, but a slant pass.

There's also ample evidence that shows how EJ Manuel was good enough to keep Jameis Winston on the bench at FSU. The same Jameis Winston that won a National Championship and Heisman trophy. As far as play calling goes, I was done and convinced that something was amiss when down in the red zone Marrone/Hackett decided to throw a slant pass to Mike Williams in the end zone. Not a jump ball situation that he was basically brought to Buffalo for, but a slant pass.

They were on the same roster for 1 year, 2012, which was Winston's redshirt year and Manuel's senior year.

Romo passed for 3700 yards, completed 70% of his passes and had 34 TDs on 9 ints rating of 113 and went to the PB last year. He has 33,000 yards in 9 seasons and 242 TDs (21 in NFL history).

If you have to ask if he is a top passer, you don't know what one is...

FWIW TBD's golden boy Sal Cappaciao just tweeted this: "65% Matt Cassel. 25% Tyrod Taylor. 10% EJ Manuel." -#Bills starting QB chances as of today in the opinion of @SalSports. What do you think?"

Discuss.

It's not worth much, since Rex said nobody will distinguish himself until the pads are on. I think we can just be somewhat "happy" all three QBs appear to have looked competent today.

Edited by eball