Matt Flynn signs with Pats*, update - Cut

@diannaESPN: I'm told Patriots and Matt Flynn have agreed to a deal

@diannaESPN: Pats wanted a veteran QB for camp like they had in the past with Ryan Mallett. Told by several "has nothing to do with Brady situation"

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@diannaESPN: I'm told Patriots and Matt Flynn have agreed to a deal

@diannaESPN: Pats wanted a veteran QB for camp like they had in the past with Ryan Mallett. Told by several "has nothing to do with Brady situation"

Ryan Mallet was a "veteran QB" when he was with the Pats?

I know this is a joke but it reminded me of why he was cut/couldnt even beat out Tuel. Said he couldn't learn the playbook.

To be fair, being signed after week 9 or whatever it was.... is a challenge to learn playbook for any qb

They must know that there is little chance that Brady is going to get out of his suspension. But it's somewhat surprising they didn't do this sooner. It may or may not have anything to do with Jeanine being good or bad in OTAs, but there is no question they needed a veteran #3 for those first four games if Jeanine goes down.

They must know that there is little chance that Brady is going to get out of his suspension. But it's somewhat surprising they didn't do this sooner. It may or may not have anything to do with Jeanine being good or bad in OTAs, but there is no question they needed a veteran #3 for those first four games if Jeanine goes down.

FYI - it's Janeane: ww.janeanegarofalo.com .

I know this is a joke but it reminded me of why he was cut/couldnt even beat out Tuel. Said he couldn't learn the playbook.

There is no longer NE need for him to learn the playbook. The helmet signal override will take care of that.

Edited by 4merper4mer

There is no longer NE need for him to learn the playbook. The helmet signal override will take care of that.

Looking back, I can't believe that the unexplained "extra frequency over the NFL allowed frequency" found in the Pats* radio system during Spygate, combined with Doug Flutie going on a Boston radio show and saying he once picked up the wrong QB helmet and heard the coaches talking to the QB well after the League-mandated cutoff (the best part is that Flutie apparently laughed about that and thought it was funny), didn't get much, much more play back then.....

• 1 month later...