Pats******* release Tim Wright

@MikeGarafolo: Patriots have released TE Tim Wright, source says. Had six TDs last season.

Traded Logan Mankins for him last year

@MikeGarafolo: Tim Wright is subject to waivers. With 11 TDs over 2 years, that's solid value in June. We'll see who bites.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MikeGarafolo: Patriots have released TE Tim Wright, source says. Had six TDs last season.

Traded Logan Mankins for him last year

@MikeGarafolo: Tim Wright is subject to waivers. With 11 TDs over 2 years, that's solid value in June. We'll see who bites.

So they trade an All-Pro guard for a guy to cut him a year later?

And we have people crying about the Bills trading a 4th round pick for Bryce Brown who might get cut? I am sure these same people will somehow spin this was a "brilliant" move by the Patriots

And we have people crying about the Bills trading a 4th round pick for Bryce Brown who might get cut? I am sure these same people will somehow spin this was a "brilliant" move by the Patriots

Isn't it though? Like if Einstein throws his napkin in the sink and plate in the trash, or accidentally brushes his teeth with shaving cream, or sharts, its still brilliant by virtue of his unquestioned genius. Right?

who wants to go through the archives to pull out all the posts from Bills fans scared shitless he was going to be the new Aaron Hernandez in their offense

Chandler is going to have 10 TD's this year. Good luck trying to cover him and Gronk in the redzone

what's your wager?

looks like the profanity filter needs some tweaking

I didn't like the Brown trade and I don't think this is brilliant by the Pats. Personally, I would have let Chandler, Wright, and Fred Davis all battle it out in camp.

I think Wright is just a big wide receiver though. I love TEs. I would kick the tires on him.

Nice call, he makes SO much sense there.

Chandler will get some time.

Don't the kinda like the backup there?

Also, I know you are in NO, but what were your thoughts about the Graham trade? Personally, I think the Seahwaks ripped them off. Of course, Graham is one of my favorite players in the league. But stud TEs don't grow on trees.

IIRC there were contract issues between NE and Mankins, which is usually the kiss of death for any player in NE.

Don't the kinda like the backup there?

Also, I know you are in NO, but what were your thoughts about the Graham trade? Personally, I think the Seahwaks ripped them off. Of course, Graham is one of my favorite players in the league. But stud TEs don't grow on trees.

They are high on Josh Hill. I think that Wright would be a guy that they would love but I do not think that he makes it very far in waiver claims.

I think that the Saints won the trade. Graham is a dynamic weapon but has taken a beating in his career. His career will not be a long one. In addition, that contract that he signed last year was probably more than it should have been in hindsight. Their offense will look different this year (a lot more on the ground) but it could be good with a healthy Spiller. If you give Payton & Brees a healthy Spiller and a healthy Cooks they will make some enormous plays.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

IIRC there were contract issues between NE and Mankins, which is usually the kiss of death for any player in NE.

i thought Belichick just thought he was past his prime and wanted his salary off the books. At first they missed him, but then they didn't. They also got a 4th Rd pick from TB which turned into Trey Flowers. So, ultimately the trade looks to have worked out for NE. Now, I don't know why they would cut Wright now given how much they use TEs and one or two could get hurt with 3 months to go until the season but whatev.