RAIN?

It's been raining here all day. A miracle. But someone always has to take the jelly out of my donut. Just like I predicted the drought out here would be followed by permanent price increases. They say for infrastructure and a temp gouge to pay off whomever we bought water from.

http://patch.com/california/danville/ebmud-board-calls-temporary-25-percent-drought-surcharge-0?utm_source=newsletter-daily&utm_medium=email&utm_term=community%20corner&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_content=article-mostrecent

Edited by Dante

Mentioned to the wife this week is I'm glad we don't have a grass yard to water. We redid it all in drought resistant plants....for the most part anyway. I still have my tomatoes. :D

I'm doing the opposite. All I have are desert plants and gravel. I'm going to put in some grass.

The problem is that I can't find any sod. Going to have to grow it from seeds.

Mentioned to the wife this week is I'm glad we don't have a grass yard to water. We redid it all in drought resistant plants....for the most part anyway. I still have my tomatoes. :D

I think out here that is the best way to go. We have a small front yard with grass and a decent back yard with grass. It was with the house when we got it. I would really like a desert type back yard with a small patch of grass for our 2 small dogs. Since we back onto a field the gophers tear up the back grass as well. It was just about fully recovered from their attack last summer and they resumed their assault a few weeks ago. We also had racoons get at our front yard grass last summer. We got a trap but all we have caught is a couple neighborhood cats. No harm to them btw just must have pissed them off having to be in the trap for a couple days. At least there was some food for them.

I think out here that is the best way to go. We have a small front yard with grass and a decent back yard with grass. It was with the house when we got it. I would really like a desert type back yard with a small patch of grass for our 2 small dogs. Since we back onto a field the gophers tear up the back grass as well. It was just about fully recovered from their attack last summer and they resumed their assault a few weeks ago. We also had racoons get at our front yard grass last summer. We got a trap but all we have caught is a couple neighborhood cats. No harm to them btw just must have pissed them off having to be in the trap for a couple days. At least there was some food for them.

Our front it a series of curved cement terraces. Very cool looking. We've had a bunch of succulents and cacti in there. The succulents took over so we got rid of them but kept the cactus. We added lavender and rosemary that do well in this climate. In back I do have and herb garden, some Serrano peppers, and tomatoes that we water mostly from the water we catch when waiting for the shower water to get hot. We also have a couple of chardonnay grapes and some rose bushes. Further out back we have a patch of agave that really needs no water at all.

Our front it a series of curved cement terraces. Very cool looking. We've had a bunch of succulents and cacti in there. The succulents took over so we got rid of them but kept the cactus. We added lavender and rosemary that do well in this climate. In back I do have and herb garden, some Serrano peppers, and tomatoes that we water mostly from the water we catch when waiting for the shower water to get hot. We also have a couple of chardonnay grapes and some rose bushes. Further out back we have a patch of agave that really needs no water at all.

So the terraces mean you are in the city? How do you catch the water?

No we're up in the hills between the 13 and 580. We just put a bucket in the shower and dump that in a watering can.

LOL ok I wasn't picturing such a low tech solution. I thought you had some elaborate water reclamation system going on.