Towards a New Progressivism?

Oh, so having a doctor's appointment on Tuesday doesn't mean you will she the doctor on Tuesday because he might die before then. Is that what you guys mean? Something like that?

I have more outright contempt for you than anyone else on the planet, and even I know you're not this stupid.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about jobs in a ship yard or on the west coast, no. Perhaps a few jobs though in areas not related to the field of aerospace in certain states

You brought up a several percentage point reduction in unemployment in the same sentence as the ACA. So you were not talking about a few jobs. So what exactly were you talking about?

And on that note, what the hell are you talking about here?

The unemployment rate of 5.5% is a bunch of horseshit put out by the government. Unemployment in 2009 got up to 10%. So, we've nearly cut it in half but had to not count about 17 million more people that should be included in the workforce in order to do it? I'm giving you two links that should provide you the basis of making an informed opinion. Let's see what you do with them.

http://www.dlt.ri.gov/lmi/laus/us/usadj.htm

http://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cps_charts.pdf

Ya, I was criticized before for talking about how people drop out of the labor force and their skills atrophy making them unemployable. That's what happens in recessions. That's why I think creating jobs, whether in private or public sectors, is so important. It keeps people active and productive

I have more outright contempt for you than anyone else on the planet, and even I know you're not this stupid.

I tried, lol

Sorry, Chefs silly questions get to me sometimes

If he is, a recent Federal Reserve study concludes that he's wrong.

"Businesses may increasingly prefer to employ part-time rather than full-time workers for various other reasons. Tax rules generally allow employers to exclude part-time workers from company benefit plans. Rising costs for health benefits therefore may prompt employers to shift toward part-time work to hold labor costs down. This could be intensified by the Affordable Care Act’s requirement that medium-sized and large employers provide health benefits, which is being rolled out in 2015–16 (Valletta and Bengali 2013). Employers in states with a high minimum wage or high wages in general may rely more heavily on part-time work to hold labor costs down. New scheduling technologies also may have reduced the cost for employers to arrange part-time schedules, prompting a general shift toward involuntary part-time work (Greenhouse 2012)."

No, of course I was not saying that. But the idea, which was floated many times, that Obamacare was killing the recovery, was silly. Again, getting rid of HEALTH INSURANCE won't create a jobs paradise

Ya, I was criticized before for talking about how people drop out of the labor force and their skills atrophy making them unemployable. That's what happens in recessions. That's why I think creating jobs, whether in private or public sectors, is so important. It keeps people active and productive

I tried, lol

Sorry, Chefs silly questions get to me sometimes

it is actually hard for me to come to grips with how stupid you are. Did you have a childhood accident or are you just one of the unlucky ones?

Sorry my difficult questions fluster you. However Tom was replying to your answer to TYTT's question not mine.

Oh ya, so, no, I do not believe Obamacare moved the unemployment rate.

His point is: just because you give people health insurance, does NOT mean they therefore have access to health care.

So how many people have insurance but not care? And what type of situations are you talking about?

it is actually hard for me to come to grips with how stupid you are. Did you have a childhood accident or are you just one of the unlucky ones?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

But the government could provide jobs through private companies, also

Wow....awesome idea. How about a program where if a private company hires an unemployed person, they get to skip paying the employer portion of FICA for a while (since SS is so vastly over-funded anyway), and for that rich benefit they get to fill out reams of paper and submit to all sorts of additional government oversight. Something like that would create millions of jobs!! Hard to believe someone like Obama wouldn't have thought of it already!

Still no comment on the "new" government providing jobs through private companies plan? I'm anxiously awaiting the brilliant new ideas.

Still no comment on the "new" government providing jobs through private companies plan? I'm anxiously awaiting the brilliant new ideas.

What I was going to say was..."Wow, that's your hang up?"

But I decided I had to pick my teeth instead and forgot to come back to it. All apologies

What I was going to say was..."Wow, that's your hang up?"

But I decided I had to pick my teeth instead and forgot to come back to it. All apologies

So in other words, it was yet another ignorant statement from you -- as part of the "New Progressivism" -- that we should all just laugh at and then ignore. Pretty much like every other statement you've made in this (and every other) thread.

Ok, thanks conner molsongolden pBills gator!

We never had full employment or anything like that when we had super low corporate taxes and almost no regulations. And yes, those would be great things, but regulations are necessary. You want to take away people's health insurance to create jobs? Probably wouldn't work.

How big is the health care industry?

How big would it be if the government didn't pay for it?

1) We were talking about poverty and the Great Society. Childishly obfuscating tactics?

2) Why would you even ask that? Childish run around questions. Run around. Because the government wouldn't have to create jobs then.

next question?

When was that?

When was that?

Generally speaking, before 1932, and even less the farther you go back

So in other words, it was yet another ignorant statement from you -- as part of the "New Progressivism" -- that we should all just laugh at and then ignore. Pretty much like every other statement you've made in this (and every other) thread.

Ok, thanks conner molsongolden pBills gator!

It was your statement, not mine. And I didn't take it serious enough to respond

Or all the stupid crap I'm asked to reply to

No most of the "stupid crap" is us trying to get you to clarify your positions and also to explain how some of your ideas are going to work. When you're confronted with those questions you go "pick our teeth".

Oh ya, so, no, I do not believe Obamacare moved the unemployment rate.

So what was your point of talking about the lowered unemployment rate and the ACA in the same sentence?

No most of the "stupid crap" is us trying to get you to clarify your positions and also to explain how some of your ideas are going to work. When you're confronted with those questions you go "pick our teeth".

So what was your point of talking about the lowered unemployment rate and the ACA in the same sentence?

Questions like "did the ACA create millions of jobs?" Wow!

The point was, as explained already, was that it was not the job killer its claimed to have been. Do you understand that? Please answer

In this case, the "stupid crap" you were asked to reply to was your own post. Congratulations on the highly accurate description.

No, not true.

You wrote this crap:

Wow....awesome idea. How about a program where if a private company hires an unemployed person, they get to skip paying the employer portion of FICA for a while (since SS is so vastly over-funded anyway), and for that rich benefit they get to fill out reams of paper and submit to all sorts of additional government oversight. Something like that would create millions of jobs!! Hard to believe someone like Obama wouldn't have thought of it already!

And I went a picking my teeth.