Do you known how to inflate a tire?

Supposedly there's been a rash of slashed tires in my neighborhood the past few weeks, actually. But just one or two cars at a time.

Very strange.

Prol'ly some guy who goes home and sharpens his knife after every two slashes.

his remedy was to get AAA but he is not sure he will keep it. Living in Texas he is !@#$ed if he gets a flat disirregardless of where he may be because not only is he still in Texas - but there are wide open places there.

He was looking at getting a spare tire and some options to mount it. I've looked in to it. There is a growing industry for aftermarrtt spare tire kits for vans and cars. It'd be great for Car trips.

Never been to Tex, so what are you implying?

Oh ok.

But who cares. If you have AAA. Just wait.

with AAA here in my small town I may wait 2-3 hrs when they're only 15 miles away. I can't imagine what it may take in Taxes if they're 50+ miles away.

with AAA here in my small town I may wait 2-3 hrs when they're only 15 miles away. I can't imagine what it may take in Taxes if they're 50+ miles away.

Wow.................................................................

Longest I've EVER waited for AAA is 30 minutes. Most of the time just 20 out here in Socal.

But I get your point.

Interesting... Speaking of slashed tires, I never saw one or seen one done. Does it make a loud noise when slashed? Assuming that the average vehicle tire has about 40 psi in it, would it make a loud noise?

he travels a lot. You go thru some areas where there are no service stations or rest stops or nothing for 50+ miles.

Also, Texas sucks.

Then bring your own tool box. How hard is it to plug a tire... Even if you prefer it temporary... Again, plug it right on the vehicle. Front wheels just turn them out. Or just carry the spare. Put an onboard compressor in the vehicle if you want convenience. If it is a pick-up truck (not sure if you mentioned it?)... That leaves all the room in the world for tools.

??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

he travels a lot. You go thru some areas where there are no service stations or rest stops or nothing for 50+ miles.

Also, Texas sucks.

Wrong.

Kansas sucks. Texas blows. That's why we get so many tornados in Oklahoma.

Don't worry about the spare, you'll be buying new tires every 20,000 miles. Run flats are the !@#$ing horrible.

And !@#$ing expensive!

I was gonna say, should we start a board poll to guess the culprit?

I did the same thing after we wore out two sets in less than 4 years/40K miles. !@#$ it, we've got roadside assistance if we ever need it.

My trunk actually has a place for a spare.

And !@#$ing expensive!

They used to be... The OEM ones on my vehicle are only $200 each (TireRack.com)... The Pirelli winter tires will only be around $169 each.

That isn't too bad. For 4 new winter wheels, 4 tires, balanced and mounted, TPMS sensors in each one, and storage bags... From TireRack.com will be just under 1200 bucks.

Not tires... But, self leveling shocks (or struts whatever they are) on my 2006 Chrysler are $450 A PIECE... That's expensive!

They used to be... The OEM ones on my vehicle are only $200 each (TireRack.com)... The Pirelli winter tires will only be around $169 each.

That isn't too bad. For 4 new winter wheels, 4 tires, balanced and mounted, TPMS sensors in each one, and storage bags... From TireRack.com will be just under 1200 bucks.

Not tires... But, self leveling shocks (or struts whatever they are) on my 2006 Chrysler are $450 A PIECE... That's expensive!

No, mine are about $500 each.

No, mine are about $500 each.

You can probably find them cheaper... Did you try TireRack.com They have some pretty good prices for rubber. Dealer wanted $350 for mine... I can get them fro $200. OEM tread though. I NEVER go OEM after my tires wear out. I always go for longevity over preformance on the second and beyond set of tires.

Who has to call AAA more than once/lifetime?

I called them once about 20 years ago. My Dodge was spewing a fuel line in the engine compartment. I actually had to give the guy a utility knife to cut the bad part of the hose off and reattach. I was back on my way... Probably didn't even need to call them if I would have just thought through the problem. I seen fuel and panicked. Cut the engine off and called AAA. The tow truck operator said: "Boy you have everthing in that tool bag." I still carry that od green Army tool bag in one of my vehicles.