HS graduates receive participation awards

Beerball

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call it a safe assumption based on facts within the article.

Those facts being...going to Harvard, and wearing a button-down shirt?

So you just pulled it out of your ass, without even knowing that his school district has the second-lowest socio-economic rating in New Jersey, or that two-thirds of the school are poor enough to be eligible for government-subsidized lunches. And the assessment of his mother's home (his father passed away) is less than the median assessment for Lodi, so it's a decent bet that his household's annual income is slightly south of Lodi's $50k median.

But all that took me a good ten minutes to find out. Much more work that pulling a "safe assumption" out of your ass.

Those facts being...going to Harvard, and wearing a button-down shirt?

So you just pulled it out of your ass, without even knowing that his school district has the second-lowest socio-economic rating in New Jersey, or that two-thirds of the school are poor enough to be eligible for government-subsidized lunches. And the assessment of his mother's home (his father passed away) is less than the median assessment for Lodi, so it's a decent bet that his household's annual income is slightly south of Lodi's $50k median.

But all that took me a good ten minutes to find out. Much more work that pulling a "safe assumption" out of your ass.

Find out what dad did for a living before he passed, then tell me about mom's median income.

Find out what dad did for a living before he passed, then tell me about mom's median income.

They've lived there for 14 years, and dad kicked 8 month ago. You think, if they were rich, they would have stayed in a lower-income borough with a sub-standard school district?

But of course you do, because you're pulling **** out of your ass. So...dad was a "blue-collar" worker with a high school diploma.

They've lived there for 14 years, and dad kicked 8 month ago. You think, if they were rich, they would have stayed in a lower-income borough with a sub-standard school district?

But of course you do, because you're pulling **** out of your ass. So...dad was a "blue-collar" worker with a high school diploma.

You didn't answer the question.

Looks like you're pulling as much **** out of your ass as you're accusing me of.

You didn't answer the question.

Looks like you're pulling as much **** out of your ass as you're accusing me of.

No, those actually are all facts. I looked them up.

And that it's possible to find out all that information in about 10 minutes should scare people.

No, those actually are all facts. I looked them up.

And that it's possible to find out all that information in about 10 minutes should scare people.

I'll try again ... what did his father do for a living before he died?

Vanguard High School in Ocala, Florida is behind the times. Check out what one of 72 (yeah, 72 !!!) valedictorians from Dublin Jerome High School in Ohio recently wrote about being chosen to give a 2014 graduation speech:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/06/10/heres-how-my-graduating-class-ended-up-with-72-valedictorians/

The delusional, brain-washed twerp actually wrote:

Some have derided the rise of multiple valedictorians as a product of the “everyone gets a trophy” era. They suggest that today’s students are coddled, and insist that recognizing so many students is simply an effort to boost our self-esteem.

It’s true that, at first glance, lowering the bar for valedictorian seems to water down the distinction.

Recognizing multiple valedictorians eliminates the unhealthy competition created by a system that awards just one winner. Instead, it emphasizes student learning over student rank, rewarding us for taking academically rigorous courses without pitting us against each other.

"At first glance?" Seriously? And this kid was "valedictorian?" If you are so dumb or brainwashed that you can't even acknowledge that giving an award to 72 students rather than 1 waters the award down, then there isn't much hope for your real life future.

If you are so divorced from reality that you think having the best grade-point average in high school is more important than having the most rigorous academic training there (regardless of grades achieved), you are a shallow, short-sighted dumb-ass.

There's winners and losers in real life, twerp. The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

I'll try again ... what did his father do for a living before he died?

I haven't found out...nor will I bother, as I've presented enough actual facts to refute your "facts" you gleaned from the article.

I haven't found out...nor will I bother, as I've presented enough actual facts to refute your "facts" you gleaned from the article.

No you haven't.

You provided the following facts: they don't live in a rich neighborhood and his mother makes an average salary.