Football Outsiders' 2014 CB Analysis

Who wants to talk about CBs?

Here's Football Outsiders' advanced statistical breakdown of NFL CBs for 2014:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/worst-cb-charting-stats-and-more-best

Some highlights:

- Stephon Gilmore ranked 12th among #1 corners the NFL in their "Corner Index", which is explained in the article.

- Corey Graham ranked 1st among "supporting" corners in the "Corner Index"

It's not a perfect system, and the error potential is discussed in detail in the article, so give it a read if you're so inclined.

Then, perhaps discuss...

Go team!

Interesting that for all the praise Graham has been getting for his work at corner we are moving him to safety.

agreed. But it's a good sign. He was a good corner (at times) in last years scheme but doesn't quite emulate what Rex asks his corners to do. His strengths will be utilized well in the Safety role.

Gilmore will be a top 5 corner this year. With McKelvin being strong in press coverage and developing better ball skills, Robey being a very solid slot corner and the possible emergence of Darby (drinking lots of OTA koolaid and it's delicious), I think our secondary is/will be stacked.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

We never hear about Cockrell (I just giggled as I wrote that), how's that kid developing? He's got the size...has anyone read or heard anything about him?

Remember when the Fins had both sam smith and vontae "can I call my grandma" davis? !@#$in Jeff Ireland, guys such a Tard.

We never hear about Cockrell (I just giggled as I wrote that), how's that kid developing? He's got the size...has anyone read or heard anything about him?

Remember when the Fins had both sam smith and vontae "can I call my grandma" davis? !@#$in Jeff Ireland, guys such a Tard.

Vontae Davis is sooo good. He will be covering Sammy week 1, I suspect. Crap.

Vontae Davis is sooo good. He will be covering Sammy week 1, I suspect. Crap.

The good news is we have Clay, Harvin, and Woods also on the field.....

Although I suspect this year with be the "it doesnt matter who is on Watkins" year........

I want to see them go right at Revis when we play the jets with Watkins on designed plays to get Sammy open........